Decisions

"Will you do it?" Lee held you close as he spoke, his face buried in your hair.

"What? Fix my eyes?"

"Yes."

"I don't know."

"Why not?"

You were silent, unable to put a word to the emotions that churned in your stomach at the thought that you might be healed. It was kind of scary, that suddenly something that had always been broken would work again. What if you had to start over from scratch with your training? You only knew how to fight blind. And yet... To be able to see Lee's face... It made your heart skip a beat.

"Okay." Lee hugged you, tight as he could.

"Lee, I didn't say anything."

"You did not have to."

You turned your head and he shifted to meet you halfway, kissing you gently. "Will you do it, Lee?"

"I do not know either. I do not want to be like this forever, but I also do not want to..."

"To die."

"...yeah..."

You grabbed hold of his hand and the two of you sat together in silence for a moment. The thought of Lee... No, you wouldn't think it. He would beat this. Otherwise, how could the earth turn? How could the sun rise if the person that lit the world with his spirit was gone?

You felt a hand brush the side of your face and turned your head so Lee could wipe away the tears that ran down your cheeks.

"Do not worry, (Y/N). Whatever happens, you will always have this." He kissed you again, deeper this time. "You will always have this."

"Okay." You managed to speak past the lump in your throat. Lee said he didn't know what he'd do, but you did. You knew him. He couldn't live like this, wouldn't live like this. For him, this would come to be far, far worse than death.

But you didn't speak your thoughts. Just pushed your hand into his thick hair when his kissed you again.

He pulled you closer, pressing your bodies together. "I love you." He muttered the words when you finally separated for air.

"I love you too, Lee. So much."

He buried his face in your chest and you blushed. "(Y/N)?"

"Hmm?"

"I know that technically we are too young, but..."

"But what...?"

"Do you want to... Um... Sleep with me?"

Your face was probably fifty different shades of red at this point. "Do you mean...?"

"Yes. I do."

"Ah." You gently petted the back of his head and he gave a quiet sigh. You thought for a minute. "Yeah. I think I do want to."

"Okay."

The two of you stayed where you were, holding each other, until the sun started to set. Then you headed home, his hand in yours, both of you blushing at the thought of what you planned to do when you arrived.