Everything Right

Lee walked forward on unsteady legs, moving without his crutches. He collapsed into Gai Sensei's arms, laughing. "They work, Sensei, they work!"

Gai was crying again and you smiled. Lee grabbed his crutches and moved towards you. You could feel his happiness, his absolute joy at being alive.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him. Lee wrapped one arm around you, using the other to keep himself standing. He gently brushed his hand across your bandage. "Are you...?"

"Yeah, Lee. I'm good. They're there."

He kissed you again, then took your hand and started to lead you away. "Come on! I want the first thing you see to be absolutely perfect."

"Lee, I just want to see you."

His hand tightened on yours for a moment. "That makes me very happy, (Y/N). But I will not let my ugly mug ruin this. Come on, let's go."

"Lee, you are not ugly."

"Uh huh."

"I need to punch Sakura for telling you that..."

"You already did."

"Well, I'll do it again."

"Hush, woman. You are so much trouble sometimes."

"And yet, you love me."

"More than anything," he agreed. "More than anything."

~~~

"Now?"

"No, not yet. Just a little bit more..."

You waited patiently for Lee to take off your bandages. You'd lived in darkness for years. A little longer wouldn't hurt.

"Okay." Lee gently pulled your bandages from your face. You kept your eyes shut for a second longer, reaching out and cupping Lee's face in your hands. No matter what, he would be the first thing you saw.

When you opened your eyes, it was blurry at first. Then, slowly, it started to clear. Lee came into focus, his thick black hair, bushy brows, big black eyes, a soft smile on his face.

You were right. He was beautiful. You kissed him, almost roughly. "Lee, you are the most beautiful person I've ever seen."

"I am the only person you have ever seen."

"Show me a hundred thousand people, and you'll always be the most beautiful to me, Lee."

He started to cry then, holding you close and burying his face in your hair. When he finally let you go, you got a look at where he'd brought you.

You stood on the cliff where the Hokage heads were carved, overlooking the entire village as the sun set in an explosion of color and light. You covered your mouth with your hand, tears in your eyes briefly blurring your newly-gained vision.

It was perfect.

"Lee... Thank you. So much."

"What else could I do?" He mumbled into your hair. "I love you. How could I not give you everything?"

You buried you face in his chest, crying too hard to speak. Lee held you, gently rubbing your back.

Eventually, tears spent, you settled down together, watching the sun set on the last day of your darkness.

When the sun had gone to bed, you gently tugged at the neck of Lee's suit. "Lee?"

"Yes?"

"Can I ask for something?"

"Anything."

"Can I see you...?"

Lee grinned at you, grabbing your hand and kissing the back. "Okay." He pushed his suit down to the waist and you reached out to gently run your hand over his bare chest.

You closed your eyes as you traced the shape of his body. He still felt the same. He was still your Lee.

You leaned forward and kissed him, wishing you still had tears left to cry.

He was your Lee. And he was absolutely beautiful.