Chapter 30: Angry Sex

Song: "A Little Respect" by Erasure

* * * * *

We became a tangle of lips and bodies and clothes knotted together as they were thrown carelessly on the floor. I couldn't exactly call this angry sex but it was fueled by something entirely different than what I'd known before. It was this raw urge to connect with him, to somehow let him feel every single emotion that was coursing through my body. And to feel him love me in that carnal yet intimate way that assured me I was the only woman in the world for him. Even if that feeling quickly faded after we finished.

Soon we collapsed onto the couch. Harry was almost savage about claiming me. In turn, I let all of my frustration go in the most powerful culmination of my senses, nearly screaming in relief as all of those emotions, both vicious and victorious, exited my body.

It took a good while for us to recover, lying there practically hyperventilating, touching each other gently and sweetly, encouraging our mutual heart rate to relax, our breathing to slow.

Finally, I had enough breath in my lungs to speak. "Well, that's not how it was supposed to go."

Harry's face was buried against my shoulder and his laughter vibrated through my entire body. "No, that wasn't exactly what I had planned either." He pushed up just enough to rest his forehead against mine. "But it was pretty amazing."

"Shit, yeah it was." The words lazily left my lips.

"Language, Ms. Flannery," he chuckled.

"I'm getting cold," I told him. After all, we were lying bare on his living room couch. I sneaked a glance around the room and very gratefully discovered that the blinds were closed.

He got up and said, "Let's take a shower." I followed him to the upstairs bathroom, admiring his naked backside on the way up (Hey, I'm only human.) We settled under the hot spray together. When we finished, he handed me a towel and I said, "My clothes are still downstairs."

"You can wear something from my closet," he said.

"Um, no offense Harry but I'd feel really uncomfortable wearing her clothes."

He shook his head in mock disappointment. "You think so little of me. I meant you can actually wear something of mine. I have joggers that might fit if you tighten the drawstring and roll them up at the cuffs. And t-shirts, or a sweatshirt if you're cold."

"So I'm staying here then, am I?"

"Looks like it," he smirked but then he became serious. "You can go back to your place if you want to. I won't stop you. But I'd like it if you stayed."

"Yeah," I sighed. "I'd like to stay, too. But I'll have to leave early enough to get a change of clothes before I go to work tomorrow because I am not doing the walk of shame into work." He got a pretty good laugh from that comment. "Oh, and you'd better feed me because I'm actually starving."

"No problem," he smiled, leading the way into his bedroom.

While he searched for something suitable for me to wear, I remembered the lamp I had unplugged a few weeks earlier. I glanced at it, trying not to be too obvious. Sure enough, the plug was exactly where it had landed when I had pulled it out from the wall. The only reason I remembered was that it had fallen neatly into a black, high-heeled shoe next to the bed. I shook my head and laughed, thinking I must have been imagining things when I thought I saw that light in the upstairs window.

Harry handed me some thick joggers and a lightweight Henley. I didn't refuse a pair of Cathryn's socks, however, because his feet were much too large for me to fit my dainty feet into them. As far as underwear, I figured going commando wouldn't hurt for the night. But I warned Harry there was to be no more funny business because I was still justifiably angry.