Star Crossed

The least cliché high school story you'll ever read.Violeta's parents are dead, but she hasn't told anyone. No one knows that she lives in an illegal building in Chinatown between a brothel and an underground black market. Stuck between a world of beauty and perfection on stage as a ballet dancer, and a world of harsh truths and pain as she struggles to eat each day and not be found by the police, Violeta lives a life of half-truths.

When Dario enters her life, things get hot--on the dance floor with his arms at her waist and outside, where she's thrust under the spotlight: her life is at risk as she learns about the hidden world in the underbelly of the city, and her family history threatens to tear down the fragile stability she's built for herself.

Independent to the core, Violeta faces her worst fear: finding someone who cares.

Secret lives will come undone in this Romeo and Juliet-inspired modern urban love story, where love and danger take center-stage.

"I see magic in you every time you dance. It sparks from your fingers and toes, from your eyes when you turn and land as perfectly as you can." His lips trailed from her earlobe, to her jaw, to her neck and then her collarbone. A heat rushed down her spine, and she wrapped her legs around him. "It might not be perfect every time according to your teachers or the judges, but it's perfect to me because it was done by you."

Written By: masheena