-Chapter 24-

After the whole car accident with Misaki and the suspicious damage to his mother's limo Takumi spends most of the day thinking about how it could not be a simple coincidence. But why would his mother run Misaki off the road? They like each other as far as he knows. Maybe it was just a regular accident. But then again there was some tension between Misaki and his mother when they were discussing about the baby. Why didn't his mother tell him if she knew.

If his memory is correct Misaki and his mother were at the same place yesterday. So it's a possibility what happened to Misaki is connected with his mother. But why? He just couldn't understand what was happening.

He left Misaki at the Hospital because she wanted to get her wounds cleaned and have some alone time with her mother. Since Takumi knew how important that was for her he left her at the hospital but promised he'll visit Misaki when her mother leaves the hospital.

Why is everything so complicated? Why did a break-up have to ruin everything? They could've have a happy life, married together with a five year old son or daughter. He can imagine a little version of Misaki running around. But on break-up ruined it all. If only he could turn back time or if only he had known she was pregnant he would've fought harder to protect her.

A thought crosses his mind. Why didn't he fought harder to protect when he didn't know she was pregnant? No matter how he tried to protect her back then she ended being the one to get hurt. If only he put up a better fight against his family. He will not let the past repeat itself. Takumi will definitely have a future with Misaki.

Ding!

Someone is outside his apartment. Takumi gets up off the couch to go see who it is. He opens the door and to his dismay it's Aiko who smiles at him while he frowns. Takumi hasn't seen or heard from her for a while and he would've like to keep it that way.

"Come in," He says hoping he won't regret this.

Aiko walks past him and sits on the couch while Takum shuts the door and takes a seat away from her. Far away from her.

"Listen Aiko. The wedding is off-"

Aiko giggles stopping him. "Didn't your mother tell you I'm cancelling the wedding or better yet didn't Misaki tell you?"

"You called it off?" Takumi answers in a surprise tone. He isn't angry with it at all. There wasn't going to be a wedding anyway. "Why?"

He at least has to know her reason for suddenly cancelling it.

"Let's just say someone opened my eyes to what I really want. So in other words I'm dumping you," Aiko smiles as though she just announce something huge.

Takumi's lips twitches. She wish she could dump him. Heck is she dumping him when they had no relationship in the first place? But this is a joyous moment for some reason. He can hear angels in the background singing.

"Well now the wedding is officially off I hope we can still be friends," Takumi lies and Aiko knows it. He's only trying to be polite but come on, it's Takumi. His expressions shows what he's really trying to say.

"Yea right! Like I want to be seen with a guy who I was going marry . No thanks and enjoy the commoner," Aiko snickers much to Takumi's displeasure. "Is there any drama yet?"

Takumi wonders what she means by drama. If the wedding is off there should be no drama since he'll be free to be with Misaki now. Getting rid of that engagement is checked off his list. What drama could there be?

"What do you mean?" He asks hoping she'll explain.

"You don't know yet do you? Look I'm not going to say anything but just know one of two people you care about is lying. Just figure out who."