-Chapter 28-

The road back to Takumi's apartment is quiet and tension fills his car. Takumi hasn't said a word since his phone call with his mother. Misaki doesn't know what exactly was said but she knows something with his mother upset Takumi but it isn't her place to ask. His mother isn't an easy topic for her. She can only wait for Takumi to open up to her about the whole situation.

Misaki takes her hand and holds his free hand which isn't on the wheel. She smoothes it over with her thumb. Takumi looks down at his hand and quickly glances at Misaki. Seeing her effort to comfort him he smiles and squeezes her hand.

He should not be thinking about his mother right now. He should leave that for tomorrow but he cannot stop thinking the conversation he will have with his mother tomorrow. Takumi sighs. For right now he wants to enjoy his peace with Misaki before the storm with his mother. Maybe his mother will be understanding and listen to him. She is his son after all. As a mother she should listen to her child's words and wish them the best. As a mother she shouldn't have done what she did.

A few moments later they are no longer in his car but now standing in his apartment. Time to enjoy his moment with Misaki and not ruin it any further.

"What should I cook for us?" He wraps his arms around Misaki from behind her. He rests his chin against her shoulder.

Misaki blush faintly feeling him so close to her. "How about ramen? A nice simple meal for a simple date?"

Takumi likes the sound of that. "Ok," He agrees but for some reason he doesn't loosen his hold on her.

"Aren't you going to let go of me so you can cook?" Misaki asks him trying to fight her way out of his grip on her body. Why is he so strong?

"I like being close to Misa chan~"

"How about I leave Taku chan~" Misaki answers back. Takumi immediately lets go of her. Misaki moves away from him straightening out her clothes. She looks at Takumi who she now realises is giving her a strange look. "What?"

"What did you just call me?" Takumi asks referring to her mention of Taku chan. It sounds cute when she said it and is almost a turn on.

"Takumi?"

What is Takumi up to now?

"Taku chan~" He says like she did earlier. "That's quite cute Misa. Makes me want to kiss you."

Misaki blushes at his words. She wants to back away from him but her feet won't move. "D-Don't...."

Takumi leans forward causing her to panic. He gets really close to her. Takumi stops right by her lips and whispers. "But I won't Misa chan~ I have to cook for us."

Takumi smirks walking away from her. He manages to tease her once again. Misaki smacks herself in the face for falling for his tricks.

Little arguments here and there about who will cook and then who will wash up Misaki and Takumi make it into bed after a successful and peaceful date. It feels as though time didn't went by and they are like they were in the past. Back to the time when they were happily in love and there was nothing between his mother and Misaki.

Takumi watches as Misaki falls asleep against his chest. She is so cute and doesn't even realise what she does to him. He plays with her hair making her feel even more comfortable against him. It is always a great thing when it's just the two of them. No drama. No arguments. Just love and that's how they like it.

Takumi snuggles close to Misaki knowing tomorrow will be a hectic day as he must speak to his family. He uses Miskai as a comfort zone. Who knows how tomorrow will go and how his mother will react?