-Chapter 26-

"Marry me," Takumi tells her looking up into her amber eyes.

Misaki is lost for words.

"Marry me," Takumi repeats again.

Misaki composes herself looking away from him.

"Takumi.....I can't."

Takumi feels as though he didn't hear Misaki quite clearly. Did she just reject him? Why would she do that? Is she thinking to only be in this relationship now and not thinking about a future with him? Honestly it hurts to be rejected by her. He slowly gets up off the ground closing the box.

"Why? Why wouldn't you want to marry me?" He asks sadly and for once his voice seems to waver. This is the girl he wants to be with forever.

"Look there's a lot happening right now especially between me and your family and you're still apart of that compan-"

"I know that Misaki. I know but can't you just accept this?" He is practically begging her to accept his proposal. He didn't think it would be this hard.

"Takumi there are somethings you don't know that will hurt you," Misaki says softly referring to his mother. After some careful thought she is done discussing his mother. Misaki won't and shouldn't be the one to explain what happened to the baby. He should hear it from the devil's mouth.

"Tell me. I can handle anything."

He knows she's speaking about his mother but right now he just wants her to accept the ring for their future and so his plan can work.

"Takumi," Misaki tells him in a stern voice wanting him to know it is not something she wants to talk about right now.

"Is this really because of my family or is it that you just don't want to be with me?" Takumi questions seriously. Knowing Misaki that's the last thing she'll want him to say.

"No! How could you say that?" She yelled in anger at his stupid assumption but she did understand where he is coming from. If they're together now and love each other why shouldn't they get married? Misaki sighs. She is the one who's suppose to be angry. "Takumi I really would love to marry you-"

"Then you're accepting the ring?" He asks hopeful that she change her mind.

"No. Just give it a little time. We just got back together and we're both dealing with some things," Misaki answers from a realistic point of view.

"I see," Takumi says opening the box once again, this time he takes out the ring and places it on her finger.

Misaki is surprise by his action. "What are you doing?"

"You didn't reject me so wear this ring and when the moment you feel like you're ready to marry me arrives come to tell me," Takumi states looking at the ring which fits her finger perfectly.

Misaki smiles at the ring. "I will. By the way isn't this the ring from five years ago? How does it fits my hand easily?"

"I had it altered a little," Takumi hugs Misaki tightly. "Now Misa why are you here you early?"

Misaki suddenly remembers the reason for her visit. She moves away from Takumi and smacks him on the head.

"Ow! Misa wait Ow!" Takumi grabs her hands trying to stop her from hitting him. "What are you doing?"

Misaki glares at him regaining her anger. "Where did you go last night?"

Takumi clears his throat awkwardly. "I went to a hotel-"

Misaki's eyes nearly popped out her skull. "You went to a hotel when you were suppose to be here with me!"

He chuckles realising he shouldn't have said that. "That wasn't a good excuse right?"