{love me or leave me, a short story}

I had to do this. If not now, it could go on forever. We need to talk about our relationship. All we've been doing lately is fighting and I need to know if he still loves me. I know I still love him, I just haven't been showing it because I'm scared to get hurt.

There's a knock at the door and I try to make my way over as calmly as possible. I open the door and let him in, refusing to look into those beautiful blue eyes of his.

He begins to speak but I cut him off,

"No, if we are doing this here, I am speaking first," I say as he sits down on my couch.

"You used to tell me that you loved me, once. What happened? Where is all of this coming from? What happened? You say I'm crazy and there's nothing wrong," he tries to cut me off but I continue on, "you're lying and you know I know. Baby, what have we become, what happened? What happened? We used to never go to bed angry, but it's all we ever do lately."

He turns his head away like he hates me and this ignites something inside of me.

"Do you hate me? Do you hate me?!" I'm trying to fight back tears at this point, this is so hard to say. "You can take this heart, heal it or break it all apart. No, this isn't fair, love me or leave me here."

He faces me again and starts talking before I have the chance to say anything.

"Do you remember when you loved me once? What happened? What happened? And you'd hold me here just because, what happened?" He looks so torn apart. I know that I haven't been as forward in our relationship recently, but it's not like he's been doing anything. I just want him to love me.

"You can take this heart heal it or break it all apart. No, this isn't fair, love me or leave me here," I say as he stands and moves towards the door.

I get up and rush over to him. I grab his hand and look sadly up into his eyes, "love me baby please, cause I could still be the only one you need, the only one close enough to feel you breathe. I could still be that place where you run, instead of the one that you're running from."

He looks at me sadly before yanking his hand out of my grasp and slamming the door in my face.

I move my hand towards the door, but find myself unable to turn the knob. I press my back against the hard wood and slowly slide down as tears cascade down my face and onto my clothes.

"You can take this heart heal it or break it all apart. No, this isn't fair love me or leave me here," I choke out a sob and let out a loud cry.

"And you left me here," I whisper to myself. I let myself cry for hours until I slowly fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, Wattpaders! 

This is the last piece I will be publishing... But I think I am going to upload the prologue to 'Our Love' a little later on today. 

I had a lot of fun writing this book, but I'm ready to focus on 'Our Love' more!

May your writing, our reading, be as marvellous as you are!

-Emily