Life Hack #20: Know When To Let Go

Let's just be honest for a few seconds: People suck.

Now before you go all But-That's-Not-Entirely-True on me, I'm gonna just clarify that I'm not talking about everyone.  I'm just bluntly implying that most of humanity sucks.

It's not just because some brainless people voted for Trump and made him president or because some people are so one-track minded that they need to be slapped in the face with a chair.  Nope, it's because of the people on earth who treat good people like absolute rubbish.

Looking up at this Hack title I'm gonna assume you know where I'm heading with this point. But for those who don't let me elaborate:

If you know you're a good person (genuinely good, if you're snotty then check your moral or personality chart again) and someone makes you feel inferior then LET THEM GO. Please. For the sake of your sanity and the prevention of depression.

Trust me, you're worth more than their nasty side comments or disapproving looks. But also note, not all harsh friends are bad friends. Sometimes you need someone to keep you in check and that's what a GOOD harsh friend does. They prevent you from letting your emotions destroy you or cloud your judgement. One friend like that is enough (they care about you enough to not only love you, but to guide you as well), but other than that you should be surrounding yourself with a loving support structure.

Lastly, remember there is a difference between a bully and a protective friend. If they are making you feel awful then it's time to let go. The decision is up to you and you alone. Make the right one.