Life Hack #22: When To Stop

So can I just have all the overachievers out there put there hands high up where I can see them. Y'all are all under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the story of your life. Prepare yourself for a hearing...or should I say prepare yourself to listen to me because I'm going to tell you when it is time to call it quits on being over-committed.

I am also guilty of over-committing to school, church and literally any other form of extracurricular thing that could possibly look good on my CV. It's not only for that purpose though, I tend to mix in the boring stuff that looks good with the stuff that I actually enjoy. For example, I am in my high school's Choir, Chamber Choir, Marimba Band and Creative Writing Club. The boring stuff is the other things that take over more breaks than necessary.

That is just the background though. The advice I'm about to give you, I have not taken myself because I'm better at preaching than I am at listening to the sermon that I give. So you have been warned. I'm going to give you good advice that I'm too lazy to take and y'all just have to deal with it because I want y'all to always be content, relaxed and fulfilled in life.

When does too much become too much?
Pretty much the day that you wake up feeling like every single commitment you have made is a chore. That's the day when you know you will NEVER be able to enjoy what you do, like you used to, again. So if you're just not in the mood for one day this does not apply to you.

What to do when that happens.
Look at your schedule again. Check out exactly what you're doing and when you're doing. Find out if you actually ever have any time for yourself to just breathe. Once that's done reconsider all your commitments, which is the one or at least three that you can live without doing. Resign from those commitments. I say "resign" because those are probably the ones that feel like a job. Obviously inform your parents and teachers in charge first etc. Someone else needs to fill your role and your parents MIGHT be able to make sure that you aren't being too rash.

To give it up or not to give it up?
If you're even asking yourself that question then I think you really need to sit down and decide whether you actually love what you're doing. I say, do what makes you happiest because that is what will make your life feel complete. If it doesn't make you happy then it shouldn't be in your life.

I hope this helps someone out there reading this. That is something that would give me purpose and fulfillment. Knowing that I can help others makes me feel like I have an important role in life.

Anyways, if you have any requests for Life Hacks or advice in general then just pop a message through or leave a comment.  You don't have to vote but I really would like feedback.

Sorry for my late updates by the way...life has been...too much and too busy to even breathe.

Love
Salsa♥♥♥