8

<A/N: Lance is a dick over a dream, Klangst, and foreshadowing. I present chapter 8 everyone. I'm sorry but i really REALLY love writing angst. Not gonna try and lie there.The next chapters (9-13 specifically) will be much longer. I had writer's block today but the only way to overcome it is to face it head on. See ya my beans!?

The next day, Keith and Lance ended up back at Lance's house, watching yet another movie on the couch. Pidge had forcefully shoved them out the door in the morning after having what she'd called a 'PDA Attack', but neither of the boys bought it in the slightest. It was raining again, and the two were curled up on the couch. Lance had fallen asleep, leaning his head on Keith's shoulder. All of a sudden, however, his eyes popped open.

"What is it?" Keith asked, immediately scared something was wrong.

"Oh! Nothing! I'm alright, see?" Lance said, sitting up and looking Keith in the eye, before pressing a quick yet hesitant kiss to Keith's cheek. Keith smiled, before pulling Lance into a hug. Keith immediately knew something then.

Lance was not alright.

Keith pulled away when Lance didn't hug back. "Lance, what's wrong? You can talk to me," Keith said, setting a hand on Lance's shoulder, but he shrugged it away.

"It's nothing! Like I said before, I'm fine," Lance said, turning away from Keith.

"Lance-"

"Don't you have a city to protect or something?" Lance interrupted. Keith's eyes shot open. He had been neglecting the news for a day or two, but nothing had seemed to feel remotely off in those days. But right now, Keith had no clue what was up with Lance. Why had his attitude shifted so suddenly? Was it him?

Keith didn't stay long enough to figure it out. He was out the door before Lance could even tell him to wait. When he got back to his apartment, he blatantly tried to ignore the fact that he was still in Lance's too-big shirt and had tear tracks on his cheeks.

---

Lance buried his face in his hands on the couch, turning on the news. He knew he had snapped at Keith for nothing. But he also had just woken up from a dream that made him think there might just be a reason. In his dream, which he vividly remembered, Keith had been stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place. He could either save the whole city or save Lance. Lance thought he was going to save him when Keith walked towards him, but that didn't happen.

Instead, Keith had helped kill him.

Lance knew he was being unreasonable when he had pushed Keith away earlier over a dream. But he couldn't shake the feeling something bad was going to happen in the future, where Keith may just be put in that situation. Lance shook the feeling off, instead of picking up his phone. He had someone to apologize to.

-----

Keith was flipping through channels when he got the phone call. After reading the caller ID, he picked up immediately.

"Lance?"

"I'm sorry," Lance said. Keith was shocked.

"What for?"

"For how I pushed you away earlier. I... I didn't mean what I said. I was just frustrated over a dumb dream."

"You... do you want to talk about it?" Keith asked.

"Honestly? Not all that much. I'm trying to ignore it." Lance paused. "I'm assuming you're looking at the news right now," Lance finally said, just as Keith switched the channel to the news. The past few days had been quiet. Too quiet. It was worrying him.

"I can't stop worrying. I have a city to protect, Lance. I can't slack off and let people get hurt."

"I know I just told you that earlier, but really, don't worry! Everything is okay. Its kind of nice," Lance mused. Suddenly, an alert of a kidnapping blared on the news.

"Lance, I... I gotta go. Someone's in trouble and-"

"Go," Lance said. "Good luck."

"Thanks," Keith said, before hanging up.

Little did he know, Lance had been watching the report too. This job was too big, even for Spiderman, to handle alone.

He ran to his room, jumping out his window and racing off into the rain a few minutes later.

If you get where this is going i love you

See ya my beans!