13

...Does this even need an author's note? 

The wet sand beneath Keith's knees fell to the ground as he stood, shaking. He knew this was his fault. Lance had gotten hurt after he'd left. Why had he left? Everything was blurring, memories hazy, until his phone vibrating in his pocket got his attention. He picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"KEITH WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?"

"...I fucked up, Pidge," He said, his voice still weak. 

"I don't even want to know what the fuck you did, but you better get your ass over to the hospital and be there!" Pidge screeched at him. She paused for a moment, before speaking in a more sympathetic tone. "Look, he really cares about you. If you remotely care about him, please, go to him. He needs you, Keith."

"I'm on my way," Keith said, hanging up. He took off in a sprint, running as if his life was on the line instead of Lance's. He got inside, knowing he looked like a mess. Rain soaked T-Shirt, which happened to belong to Lance, coupled with sandy pajama pants and slippers made him look practically homeless. He walked up to the desk, hands clasped tightly in front of him. 

"Who are you here to see?" The front desk lady asked. 

"Lance McClain," He said. 

"What's your relationship to the patient?" She asked. 

"...Boyfriend," Keith said. 

"Floor 2, room 15," The lady said. Keith practically ran to the elevator the second she handed him a badge. He stopped just at the door. It had no window and was closed almost entirely. He heard faint beeping of a heart monitor coming from inside. Cautiously, he pushed the door open and walked in. He choked up at the sight of Lance. His hair was still damp, but he had been cleaned up considerably. A bandage wrapped around part of his head. there were several IVs in his arms. Thankfully, the heart monitor he was hooked up to was beeping steadily and at a normal pace. He sat down in the chair beside the bed and grasped Lance's hand. 

"Lance..." He started, before getting choked up. Tears had begun streaming down his cheeks. "I... I am so sorry. I shouldn't have left you like that, I shouldn't have said what I said, oh god, Lance, I..." Keith let his head drop onto Lance's arm gently. "Please be okay, Lance. I... I don't know what I'll do without you," He said. He raised his head. Lance remained the same as he had been when Keith walked in. Keith sighed. and looked to the floor. A tear slipped down his cheek. He watched it splash on the bare skin of his foot that wasn't covered by his slipper. He squeezed Lance's hand, holding onto it like a lifeline before something unexpected happened. 

His hand was squeezed back. 

Keith's head shot up, and he smiled wider than he ever had when his eyes met ocean blue ones. 

"Hey there, Mullet," Lance said, his voice hoarse. Keith covered his mouth with his free hand. 

"Oh my god you're okay," Keith said behind his hand, before attacking Lance in a hug. He only pulled back when he heard Lance inhale with pain. "Sorry!" Keith said as he sat up again. 

"It's alright, Keith," Lance said. He looked at Keith more seriously. "I mean it. Everything is alright. Everything," Lance said, looking Keith in the eye. 

"I shouldn't have yelled." 

"I shouldn't have reacted the way I did." 

"I shouldn't have run off."

"I should have followed you," Lance said. They were both quiet for a moment.

"How are you feeling?" Keith asked eventually. 

"Fine, actually."

"How? You fell off a cliff!" Keith said. 

"Just trust me on this, okay? You aren't the only one with crazy healing abilities," Lance replied. Keith nodded. Lance called for a nurse, and after a few minutes, Lance was being released. Pidge had texted Keith saying that her brother would be picking them up and taking them to Keith's apartment. Keith was shocked at how good Lance looked for having just fallen off a cliff. It was like he'd just tripped and fallen down instead of having nearly died. As usual, Lance was taken down to the first floor in a wheelchair, where he and Keith waited for Matt to pick them up. He arrived quickly, and the passenger window rolled down to reveal Shiro, who must have tagged along.

"Sorry we took so long," Shiro said. Everything okay?" He asked. 

"Yep. I'm feeling pretty good," Lance said. 

"That's a relief," Matt said. He'd come around to open the back door for Keith and Lance. Lance started to stand to get into the car on his own, but suddenly he found himself hoisted in the air by Keith. 

"What are you doing?" Lance asked with a chuckle. 

"Carrying you, stupid. You did still fall off a cliff, you know."

"Hey, I'm not complaining," Lance said as Keith sat him down in the car and climbed in beside him. On the drive to Keith's apartment, Lance fell asleep, his hand in Keith's and his head on Keith's shoulder. Keith carried him all the way up to his apartment. Lance woke just as Keith had closed the door behind them. 

"Hey Keith," He said sleepily. 

"Yes, Lance?"

"Are you still my boyfriend?"

"Of course I am, you idiot," Keith said, kissing Lance's forehead. Lance decided that wasn't enough, as he reached out with his free hand to cup Keith's cheek and kiss him. When they broke apart, Lance was falling asleep again. Keith set him down on his bed and tucked him in. He was about to go sleep on the couch, but the hand holding his didn't let go. 

"Stay," Lance mumbled. That was exactly what Keith did. Keith pulled Lance close to his chest, and Lance held onto Keith tightly. 

"You sure you're okay?" Keith asked quietly. Lance nodded, his face buried into Keith's neck. All was quiet for a while before Lance spoke one last sleepy phrase. 

"I love you, Keith," Lance muttered, before finally falling asleep. Keith smiled, tightening his grip on Lance. He too uttered one last sentence before falling asleep. 

"I love you too. More than you'll ever know, Lance."

I TOLD YOU THAT 13 WAS BETTER THAN 12!!!!

So.... any suggestions for the next chapter? DM ME!!! Y'all know my insta its lancethelivingmeme just like my wattpad! Also tag me in any art you guys make it pleases me because y'all make some good shit. 

See ya in the next chapter my beans!

-Lee