Chapter 17

Hey my beans! I'm currently in... somewhere California... writing the last four chapters. I'm beyond tired and my computer is at 11% so yay me. Sorry if this chapter is crap and quite short. Its a build-up chapter for the final fight. Next two after it are action-packed, and then the final one :( sadness. I promise the final three will be amazing. This one... no promises.

The next day, Keith did actually go back to school. Things were beyond different. It was as if a label had been stamped on his forehead. Word must have spread about the incident because everywhere he went, people were staring. By his side, however, stood Lance, head held high and ready to downright murder anyone who dared mess with his boyfriend ever again. Keith managed to survive the looks until lunch, but things went downhill from there. Of course, the trio had to show up again. Before they could say a word, Lance was standing between them and Keith.

"What do you think you're doing?" Lance asked, a slight bite in his voice. The girl sneered at him.

"Trying to teach this little fag a lesson, duh," She said, trying to grab Lance's hand. He pulled away.

"Leave me and my boyfriend alone, Nyma. Go find someone else to bother," Lance said, reaching to grab Keith's hand. Keith smiled, and Nyma looked like someone had stabbed a kitten in front of her.

"But-"

"How do I put this politely, Nyma? Fuck off," Lance said, causing gasps to be heard from nearby tables. Nyma huffed. 

"Fine. Good luck," Nyma said, leaving with a huff and a swish of her hair. The cafeteria was almost dead silent as Lance sat down next to Keith, sliding an arm around his shoulders and pulling him close. The two finished their lunch, Keith hiding a small smile the whole time. As the bell rang for the next class to begin, Keith grabbed Lance's arm. 

"You okay?" Lance immediately asked. Keith smiled and looked him in the eye. 

"I'm better than okay," He said, trailing off, before attacking Lance in a hug. "Thank you," Keith said, his voice just above a whisper in Lance's ear. 

"Anything for the love of my life," Lance said, pulling back to look at Keith with the cheesiest grin on his face. Keith managed to blush and stutter before the late bell rang and both boys sprinted to class. 

-------------------------------------

After school, the boys had headed over to Pidge's house to hang and play video games. Pidge was bent on getting revenge on Keith for beating her at Mario Kart, while Lance and Hunk had decided Allura needed a makeover. Lance was expertly doing her makeup while Hunk was doing a complicated braid in her hair. Matt and Coran were talking in the kitchen. Shiro was running late. Everything was quiet for a while, until...

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!" Pidge screamed, as she once again lost to Keith. Everyone laughed until Pidge turned her wild eyes to glare at everyone. "I'd stop laughing if I were you, or Keith won't be the only one that's dead," Pidge said. Lance calmly spoke, his eyes still focused on blending Allura's eyeshadow. 

"Lay a finger on my boyfriend you little gremlin and you'll have hell to pay," Lance said calmly, almost cheerfully. Naturally, that had the whole group screaming, but all of a sudden it wasn't just them screaming. All of their phones were too. 

"What's happening?" Matt asked from the kitchen. 

"News alert," Coran said, walking to the middle of the living room and switching the TV to the news. The gang watched in horror at the scene in front of them. Not only had someone been kidnapped, hence the Amber alert, but they were being held hostage in an abandoned firework factory, meaning the place could go up in flames and likely would at any minute. 

"I have to go," Keith and Lance said at the same time, running out the door and heading home, sharing only a confident glance before parting ways. Both ran faster than before and hurried to grab what they needed because this was no ordinary mission. They'd both seen a glimpse of who had been taken. 

It was Shiro. 

WELL WELL WELL WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE? I'm just trying to torture y'all before the end. And besides the ending of this chapter seems very fitting, don't you think? See you in the next chapter, the final battle part 1. This is it. Three chapters left. Buckle up bitches, because its gonna be one hell of a ride. 

-Lee