12

Well here it is. Let me just say two things:

1: I have no regrets

2: I promise, I love these characters and i'm simply doing this to make a story, not to make you hate me.

OK lets make it three things

3: Please DM your reaction photos/rants to lancethelivingmeme on instagram so i can see how many of you lose it

The next morning after everyone had left, Keith had made a decision. He was going to take Lance on a date. Not just any date either, but the most cliche yet adorable date ever. By late afternoon, the two were sat underneath the dappled light of trees, looking out at the ocean. Keith had remembered a nice spot by the cliffside walkway. The two were sat down on a slight inset, eating lunch. Or Keith was eating lunch, and Lance was trying to see how many grapes he could fit in his mouth at once.

"Please don't choke on those," Keith said. "It'd be bad if you died via grape inhalation," He said, which caused Lance to laugh. Instead of choking, however, he spit all of the grapes out.

"I'd almost beaten my record!" He said, still laughing as he collected the grapes, now dusty from the ground, and threw them away. He sat back down, putting an arm around Keith. "You're lucky I love you, otherwise I'd be mad."

"But would you really?"

"...No," Lance said after a moment, a smile crossing his face. He pressed a quick kiss to Keith's nose, causing the darker haired boy to blush bright red. The two sat in silence for a while, watching the waves crash on the ocean. They barely noticed the dark clouds rolling in across the sky as the sun sank lower on the horizon.

"We should get going before it gets dark," Keith said, beginning to stand.

"Wait!" Lance said, grabbing his wrist.

"What is it?" Keith asked, sitting back down. Lance didn't let go of his hand.

"Wil..." He took a deep breath. "Keith, will you be my boyfriend?" Lance asked. Keith froze for a moment, before attacking him in a hug.

"Of course I will, you idiot," Keith said.

"You have to promise me though," Lance said, his eyes turning serious. "Don't put yourself in a situation where you could, you know, die, alright? Please?" He asked.

"Lance..."

"No, I can't have you getting hurt, Keith," Lance said.

"What about you?" Keith said, standing up. Lance stood as well. "So you can get hurt but I can't?"

"Keith, you don't understand-"

"Then tell me so I do!" Keith screeched. This wasn't going at all how he'd hoped. He scooped up the remainder of their things and walked off. "I'm going home," He called. Rain began to fall lightly around him. Keith walked home, angrily slamming the door and dropping his things before sliding against the door and burying his head in his knees. Tears streaked down his cheeks, and he tried to breathe normally. All he had wanted was the perfect date, and now he'd ruined it. He finally calmed down a few minutes later. After changing into his pajamas, he was about to read a book, before his phone vibrated.

Pidgeon: Have u seen the news?

Keith turned on the tv, partially curious and partially worried. What he saw had his eyes wide and his heart racing. It was the cliffside they'd been at not even an hour ago. Except now it was raining heavily, All Keith saw was the ambulance on the beach before grabbing his keys and running. He got to the cliff in less than 5 minutes. The ambulance was still there. Keith almost screamed when he saw the sight in front of him. Lance, the side of his head and shirt bloody, covered in mud and rain. His eyes were closed, He breathed as if he was clinging on for his life. The doors to the ambulance closed him in, and as it drove off, Keith fell to his knees. He saw his reflection in a puddle and watched with fear as the puddle slowly became tainted red, the rain pushing the blood onto the rocks around him into the puddle beneath Keith's knees. He looked at his reflection, tears pouring down his face, and shakily whispered.

"What did I do?"

...

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME

(remember send any and all reactions to my instagram: lancethelivingmeme!)