7 - Back to the past II

Two people lay in the floor, so tired that they felt close to death.

"You're not half bad." Hak told the female.

"You too."

The blonde haired male, who had watched the entire ordeal stared in surprise of what had just happened. The female, with great difficulty, sat up and crossed her legs. "You're perhaps the best person I've fought yet." She said, while trying to calm her breathing.

"You're awesome, (Name)!" The blonde haired yelled while jumping jp and down. The female laughed "Are you sure you are the son of the absolutely terrifying general?"

As soon as she finished saying that the king walked in and behind him was the aforementioned general.

Both the males didn't bother to anything but Hak slightly shivered under the gaze of the general. But (Name) on the other hand had no idea what to do and struggled to meet their gazes, she just awkwardly sat there.

"How is your training going, (Name)?" The happy-go-lucky king asked the only female present in the room.

"I.. It's going fine, sir. I mean... uh...um..." She stuttered while struggling to find the right words.

"Look here, girl." The General spoke, and it didn't sound like a request. She struggled but met his gaze. "Always look into people's eyes while talking. And show some confidence."

"Yes, sir."

"Now now, don't scare the little girl. She's just a child after all." The king defended, and (Name) felt so warm inside, this was how she always imagined a father would act. "Child, do you want to ask something?"

"Uh, why are you....... helping me? I tried to kill your daughter....." She said with guilt lacing her voice.

"Maybe, because what I see in your eyes is not a person who's ready to kill people." He smiled at her. "I see a person who has simply been forced to do things she doesn't want to."

At that moment she could almost feel the background turned white and unnecessary, only his words seem matter as small tears appeared on the corner of her eyes which she quickly blinked back.

A soft 'thank you' was all that was heard from her.