23 - Beating Heart

"Hold!" The female shouted at the soldiers, even though she was had technically quit, (Name) still cared for the safety of the nation.

One soldier had held his spear so clusmisly, it might have been because they had been holding it for nearly ten minutes, but still (Name) took a spear from the cabinet and then slammed all of the soldiers spears to the ground in one smooth move, "This. Is. Sloppy! Are you really the soldiers of the King?"

None of them replied, a smart choice from their side, many of them were breathing a bit hoarsely, and (Name) almost took pity on them, almost. The Commander had been making them work for the last roughly two hours.

"Relax!" She shouted and they all waited for their next torturous move. "Take a break. We'll continue after an hour. And I better see some improvements."

"You fit right in." A certain blonde appeared, "This suits you, you do know that."

The female only grit her teeth in reply, "Does it, now?"

"But you're a liability." And (Name) looked at him, eyebrows arched, surprised at his honesty towards her. "I know how hard you worked to reach where you are, I saw every step of it."

"What are you being so melodramatic about? You still killed the King."

Soo-won winced slightly at that, and (Name) knew just how harsh her tone was and felt guilt eating her out already but she didn't act on it.

They started at the now empty garden in silence he leaned in, uncomfortably close, "You may hate me, but I don't hate you." Soo-won whispered in (Name)'s ear when he left, the awkwardness must've gotten the best of him or he left to do whatever kings did.

'I don't hate you.' She thought but then corrected herself, 'I can't hate you.'

The reason she couldn't was probably her heart that beat so fast, (Name) had admittedly crushed hard on him. It wasn't hard to, Soo-won was like the sweetness her life had lacked, and she didn't really want to share him but Yona needed him.

Closing her eyes and (Name) tried to get rid of her thoughts and calm her heart.

It was nearly sunset, as she headed to the top of the castles walls, the favourite meeting place of the four of them.

And she nearly cried when she saw Soo-won standing there, the sky at dawn beautifully reflecting off of his long blonde hair.

"Hi." (Name) said while leaning against the wall and then stood next to him, sharing the view of the setting sun. "You still come here?"

The blonde nodded, staring at her instead, "It's one place they let me be alone."

"No wonder I didn't see any guards."

They stayed silent for a while, neither of them wanting to talk, 'I could kill him. There's nobody's here' A sudden thought came in her mind. Unconsciously (Name)'s hand went to her scythe, and Soo-won noticed. And he laughed, a small conservative and guarded one.

"You want to kill me too?" The King stared at her with his teal eyes, "Yona did the same too."

'Yona and Hak had seen him that day then.'

"Well, you kinda ruined her perfect life and killed her father." (Name) paused for a second and wondered whether to say it then said, "And her best friend."

Silence ensued after the sentence she spoke, again.

"You know, I should kill you."

"Yep." The female agreed in a heart beat.

And he only stared at her before replying "Why can't I then?"

"Because we grew up together, because I saved you quite a few times, because I'm stronger, because-"

Not another word came out of her lips, maybe because there was another pair of top of them. It took her three seconds to realise that Soo-won was kissing her.

The male kissed her slightly chapped lips, opening his eyes and staring at the slight red blush on her face, taking her chin in his right hand while taking a step back. Staring at (Name), seeing her slightly breathless, and quite speechless was weirdly satisfying.

Soo-won smiled, his teal eyes sparkling with childlike mirth, "That must be why."

There was a small blush on his cheeks but (Name) was a goddamn tomato.

The worst part of it was, she could only stare at he walked away. And then collapsed on the floor, pulling her knees to her chest covering her face.

Hours later Tatsuya and two other found her like that, slightly lifeless.