Gray - 31

It was the night of the pep rally, cheerleaders could be seen dancing to the beat of the marching band's music. Almost the whole town was there, most coming in memory of the late Blossom boy. 

Alice stood with the other RiverVixens, cheering happily, as she watched Archie walk over to Jughead. She continued smiling, although she was truly feeling unease at the sight. That was, until, she saw Jughead break a smile as he began to laugh lightly. She relaxed instantly, no longer worried that something bad was about to happen.

Letting herself focus on the cheering once more, Alice found her gaze trailing over the crowd as Mayor McCoy took the microphone and began to speak as she stood on the stage.

"It is heartening to see so many of you here, even in weather like this," MyCoy said, gesturing to her umbrella, "but a lack of heart and school spirit has never been the Riverdale way!"

At this, the crowd cheered. As Alice faced the crowd, she didn't even notice Jughead's gaze lingering on her.

"Tonight's pep rally isn't like any other we've held in the past, and we shouldn't pretend that it is," Mayor McCoy continued, "Which is why I'd like to dedicate this evening to the memory of one of our brightest, Jason Blossom."

Alice noticed Cheryl tense up a bit, so she made a mental note to check on her once this was over. Cheryl may not be the greatest person, but Alice could still be sympathetic. After all, Cheryl did lose the only person she'd ever loved.

"We're with him tonight," said the Mayor, "Now please! Join me in welcoming to the field our very own RiverVixens, and their special guest starts, my daughter, Josie and her Pussycats!"

Josie took the stage as the RiverVixens got into position. Alice watched as Betty smiled nervously at the crowd, who was cheering loudly. 

🎶"Hey Shawty! You're my candy girl!" Josie sang into the microphone, "The kind with the swirls! Oh so good, baby outta this world!"🎶

The cheerleaders began to dance to Josie's singing, just like they had practiced.

🎵"Looks so sweet, fell in love with your curves!" Josie continued, "Every time you speak, conversation like oh!"🎵

Two cheerleaders lifted Cheryl in the air, as two others lifted Alice. 

🎶"S-U-G-A-R! You ain't her! Oh honey, honey, put money on that girl!" 🎶

Jughead watched the performance from the side of the bleachers. He listened to Josie sing as he looked at the cheering RiverVixens.

🎵"Baby wants her sugar, I'm ready to get served"🎵

"🎶 sugar🎶" Josie sang, as the marching band played in background. "🎶 oh honey honey🎶"

The cheerleader lifted Cheryl up, who blew a kiss to the crowd.

"🎶you are my candy girlllll🎶" Josie sang happily. "🎶and you got me wantin' you🎶"

The cheerleaders were all lined up, as they tossed their hands to the side, revealing Veronica, who then walked through the aisle of girls.

"🎶I saw this girl, I want to know her name🎶"

Veronica bent over, in a less than school appropriate manner, but the crowd cheered.

"🎶 'cause I need a candy girl!🎶"

The girls danced in unison, and considering there was only one practice, the RiverVixens were doing pretty good.

Cheryl then joined Josie and the Pussycats on the stage, singing along with them. As the song came to a close, the RiverVixens began jumping, shaking the yellow pom-poms in their hand as the crowd cheered. Josie smiled as the Blossom girl hugged her.

The coach came onto the stage, speaking loudly into the microphone, "Let's make some noise for the Riverdale Bulldogs!!"

The football team ran out across the field, Archie leading them. Everyone was clapping, including Alice, as the players made their way. Alice almost didn't notice Cheryl slowly stop clapping, and then suddenly she ran off the stage.

"Cheryl?" Alice called out after the girl, before dropping her pom-poms and running after her. She saw Veronica was following too, probably wondering what had happened.

When Alice entered the locker room, she was Cheryl sobbing on one of the benches. Veronica and Alice shared a sad look as they sat down next to her.

"Cheryl, what's wrong?" Veronica asked her. "What happened?"

"Jason..." Cheryl said sadly, tears running down her face, "He's gone..."

"I know.. I know he is.." Veronica said.

"It's going to be okay, Cheryl," Alice told her. Truthfully, Alice was a bit confused. Cheryl has spent months, just fine, not at all affected by the death of her brother, or at the very least she didn't show it, and yet now she is suddenly crying, as though she hasn't known of his death until now.

"No, you don't," Cheryl said, shaking her head, "You don't understand."

And then, so quietly Alice almost didn't hear it. Almost.

"He was supposed to come back."

.

.

.

.

-ok so it literally took me hours to write this so i hope its kind of good or something idk-

-thanks for 60k. y'all are pretty rad-

-also, thanks for letting ALICE reach #61 in fanfiction! that's our highest rank so far! awesome!-

-qotd: how are you?-

/i know i've asked that before, but idc! i want to know how you guys are/

-aotd: kinda stressed tbh. also tired bc once again i'm updating this after midnight-

-ily-