Red - 50

a/n - this is the longest chapter of alice. so, yeah. also, get ready for some feels. cause i guarantee, there will be some feels.

The raven-haired photographer was on a mission, help Jughead save the twilight drive-in. However, it was easier said than done, and so, the girl decided she needed some insider help. Which, is how Alice found herself in the hallway, talking to the mayor's daughter, Josie McCoy.

"Hey girl," Josie said, before looking back at the mirror in her locker. 

"Hey, Josie," Alice said, watching the girl apply her usual shimmery lip gloss, "I was just wondering, if you happened to know anything about the closing of the drive in?"

"The drive-in?" Josie repeated, looking up. "My mom was talking about that yesterday, she said something about it being a private deal...no, no, an anonymous deal... and, she said that it's going to be demolished Monday. I think Archie's dad's company is doing it."

Alice quickly memorised the information Josie had given her, muttered a rushed 'thank you', and hurried off. If Archie's dad was going to be demolishing the drive-in, then Alice was going to talk to him as well.

Riverdale High, the place where Alice spent 8 hours a day contemplating different ways she could be better spending her time. For the most part, class was a waste of time. The Pythagorean Theorem was not going to help her find Jason's killer. What was going to help her find his killer? That, she didn't quite know, but, she was sure she was going to try her hardest to find out who did it, to be the hero that Riverdale both needs and deserves. 

I am going to become the Eleven of Riverdale.

As these thoughts ran through her head, she almost ran into Archie, who was just heading out of the student lounge.

"Hey, Alice," Archie said, his signature happy smile on his face, "Why so fast?"

Alice's heart beat slowed down as she regained her breath, saying, "Hey, Archie. I was looking for you, actually."

Archie seemed to take on a serious tone, as the playfulness fell from him, "Yeah, okay. Do you have a second? I uh, I think we need to talk."

She could tell, the second his words escaped his lips. The conversation she had been avoiding for a while now, was happening. 

The two teens stepped into the room for the Blue and Gold, Riverdale High's newspaper.

"Betty thinks that you and Grundy being...together... isn't a good idea," Alice said quietly, her hushed tone making her words softer.

"What do you think, Alice?"

The question took her by surprise, and yet, she wasted no time in replying.

"You cheated on me, Archie," Alice snapped, her words coming out harsher as she continued, "Do you really want to know what I think? I'll tell you. I'll tell you right now, Archie. I've known you since you were 8 years old, and you've never lied to me. Not once. But now? I see you lying all the damn time, and you don't even care. You lie to Jug, you lie to Betty, you lie to your dad, you lie to Sheriff Keller, and you lie to me."

Archie paled a little, taking in her words as she said them. She wasn't done, no, she was far from done.

"All because of this pedophile-"

"She's not-" interjected Archie, but Alice was quick to shut him down.

"She's not a pedophile?" Alice said, before a dry, humorless laugh left her lips. "Archie, you are a fucking child. Do you understand that? You cannot vote, you cannot drink, and, goddamnit Arch, you are not an adult! We're all kids, for fucks sake, Jason is dead, Betty is heartbroken, and you're letting yourself get manipulated by some pedo! And don't say she isn't, because she is. I don't care if you, if you think, that you love her, okay? She had sex with you Archie! That's illegal, Archie, that's... that's rape, Archie."