Green - 36

a/n - i wasn't planning on making a chapter today. i went onto wattpad to read some of the comments and then, i saw it. 100000 reads. i can not thank all of you enough. i'm so grateful and happy and ahhhh my bby, alice, is kind of popular now and ahhhhh i'm crying thank you -

"So, are you like, a suspect now?" asked Veronica, who laid lazily on the loveseat in the Riverdale common room. She was looking at Archie, who had just revealed that he told the police about the gunshot he heard.

"My dad says we all are," Kevin told her, "including me." 

Kevin didn't look very concerned about his father considering him a suspect as he bit into the Twizzler he was holding.

"Not me girl!" Veronica said, "I don't know these people."

Alice laughed lightly at Veronica's response, while Betty just smiled.

"Guys?" Kevin began to ask, "Should we re-binge 'Making A Murderer' on Netflix tonight?

"Sorry, can't," Betty told him, "Gotta stay late to work on the paper."

Betty glanced at Alice for a second, almost as though she was remembering something, before looking away.

"Count me out, too." Veronica said excitedly, "I've got a date tonight."

"You do?" Archie asked, his voice low.

"Wait, what?" asked Alice at the same time.

Kevin looked intrigued as he said, "Which Riverdale hottie made the cut?"

Veronica didn't have to tell him though, because it was at that moment that her date spoke up.

"Hey, Vee-lo. I'll swing by Pembrooke to pick you up at 8?" said the one and only, Chuck Clayton.

Veronica smiled, not noticing Alice cringe, as she said, "I'll be waiting."

"Chuck Clayton?" Betty said, her expression displaying her shock.

"You're going on a date with Chuck?!" Kevin said in a surprised tone.

"He's... kind of a player," Betty told her.

Alice scoffed, "Player? That's an understatement."

"Who cares?! He's the hottest of the hot, and he's the varsity football coach's son," exclaimed Kevin, "In Riverdale, that's like dating a Kennedy."

Alice just rolled her eyes, saying, "Just because you think he's cute doesn't make him any less of a douche, Kev."

"He's more than just cute!" protested Kevin, "He's sexy."

Alice was about to reply, but then the bell rang, signalling the start of next period.

-this chapter was really just written so I could say this:

thank you all so much for getting this book to 100,000 reads. 

you guys are so amazing and kind and wonderful and ahhhh thank you!!

i never thought this book would get as popular as it's getting, but it is, and i'm just so grateful to all of you who vote, comment, follow, etc etc and help this book get to where it is right now.

i love all of you so much

<3