Chapter 10: Crashing Down

CASSIDY'S P.O.V.

Three months had passed. It was now March.

The bone chilling wind had been replaced by a smooth spring breeze. I was sprawled out on the ground outside under a blossoming primrose tree. Harry and I had just finished our first March lesson and I needed to relax a while before dinner.

I stared absentmindedly up at the pinkish-red sky, my eyes slowly following the beautiful clouds that were giving off a sort of bluish-pink glow because of the setting sun. The Dementors were gone for now and for the past three months, no bad or evil events had taken place.

It was perfectly peaceful.

At least for now, anyway.

Then, everything went dark. My vision went black. Someone, or something, was covering my face.

"What the hell?" I said, trying to feel who or whatever it was.

"Guess who!" replied a familiar yet playful voice. I giggled. The dark vanished and was replaced with Harry's smiling face.

"Cute," I said jokingly. He laughed. It was then I noticed the small basket in his hand. He caught me looking suspiciously at it and smiled.

"I just thought that maybe we could relax and...have dinner together out here," he said sweetly. "You know, to make up for that one date we never got to have." My smile softened.

I hadn't thought about that day since it happened. It had been three months since that vicious attack when Peter Pettigrew had been controlling Sirius Black, nearly killing Harry after he'd bitten him on his leg, and that had postponed the date we were supposed to have.

But now, he was making up for that forgotten time. I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend.

"Oh, Harry, that's so sweet," I said as he spread the soft burnt red blanket across the ground and sat on it. I scooted over next to him. He smiled.

"I hope this isn't too much for you," he said quietly.

"Why would this be too much for me?" I asked. "Harry, we've been together for four months, and after all you've done for me, I think you're losing your touch."

He busted into loud guffaws and I couldn't help but join in. I began twirling the silver charm around my wrist with my finger.

I guess now would be a good time to flashback.

----------------------------------------

***It's February nineteenth.

My birthday.

I stand outside the Great Hall in the Entrance Hall. I hear footsteps descend down the marble stairs and my eyes catch Harry's smile.

"Happy birthday, Cass," he says sweetly. I laugh.

"Aww, you remembered!" I said, hugging him.

"Of course I remembered!" he said. "How could I forget? You ready for your birthday present?"

"I bet my birthday present is more practice," I say softly.

"Oh, you'd lose that bet," he replies smugly. I raise my eyebrows at him.

"You mean we're not having practice today?" I ask excitedly.

"Nope," he says as he shakes his head. "Do you honestly think I'd schedule practice on your birthday? Come on, I'm not that mean."

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small black felt box with a white bow. He places the box gently in my hand.

"What'd you do?" I ask eagerly as I begin untying the bow.