Chapter 15: Draco's Primrose

CASSIDY'S P.O.V.

I felt everything.

The warm feeling of his lips on mine was like an electric shock. I wanted to open my eyes, but my eyelids were so heavy, all I could do was fall asleep and wait.

I waited.

I waited.

I waited...

Minutes passed, hours, days, I lost track of time. My mind was still projecting weird dreams and horrific nightmares throughout my time in sleep.

What I hated was the fact that I couldn't wake up from them.

The dreams consisted of my mother and Severus, beckoning me towards a dazzling white light. Niall resided next to Mom, holding out his hand to me, yet every time I got close to touching it, the white light would explode red and an ocean of blood would start drowning me. It was an endless torture for me; dream, nightmare, dream, nightmare. A never ending cycle.

It was April when the cycle finally ended. 

----------------------------------------

A faint orange glow could be seen from behind my closed eyelids. I did not open my eyes right then, knowing I'd probably end up blind since I hadn't seen the sun in about a month. Voices were whispering urgently on either side of me. I tried to keep as still as possible so I could listen in.

Among the voices-there were only five-I could hear dread in Hermione's voice, worry in Ginny's, fear in Ron's, terror in Draco's, and horror in Harry's.

They were all here.

My friends...my family.

"Do you think she'll ever come out of that coma?" asked Ron. Hermione sniffed.

"I...I don't know," she replied sadly. "I don't know much about Magical Witch Comas."

A hand touched my cheek. I knew immediately it wasn't Harry's. This hand was soft and completely unscathed. Harry's were rough from all the brutal fighting. I remembered how they felt when he carried me out of the forest.

"She will make it," said Draco as his hand brushed up and down my cheek. "She has to make it."

A soft clinking on my bedside table made me want to sit up, but I didn't. The clink sounded small, almost like a tiny glass. And then it hit me.

The vial.

The memory vial!

"What's that?" Hermione asked.

"This," said Harry, "is Snape's memory flask. It contains Snape's most valuable and important memory. He gave it to Cassidy before he died. It reveals something about her past."

"Have you seen it?" asked Ron.

"Yes," Harry replied, sounding reluctant. "Snape was Cassidy's...biological father."

Ginny gasped, Hermione squeaked, Ron and Draco were utterly speechless.

"So, what you're saying is that she's his daughter?" said Draco in alarm.

"Yes," said Harry. "It's kind of hard to explain. Here, take it. See for yourselves." I assumed he gave one of them the flask.

"What do you want us to do?" asked Ginny.

"Take it to Dumbledore's office," he explained. "Put it in the Pensieve." There was some brief shuffling across the floor, and then I heard the hospital doors open and then slam shut.