Epilogue: Reflections

If you are someone, like many people, who was not happy with the way my 12 year old self originally ended this book, then now is your chance to forget that bullshit ending and read what I have now created as the TRUE ending. Over the last several years since this final part was published, this book has gained a massive resurgence in reads, votes, and comments. I've even considered going back and rewriting this whole thing because of how God-awful it is.  But instead, I've decided to completely rewrite the ending with a little help from you guys.  All I ask for is a few simple things.

Forget about the Draco romance.  Yes, Cassidy can still love him, but I want you to forget about it romantically.  Forget about the fact that she felt like she was "losing her spark" for Harry.  Forget about that ring Draco gave her at the train station.  Forget that at her and Harry's wedding, she decided to elope with Draco while she was also carrying Harry's child.  Forget about ALL of that.  You can remember the kiss Cassidy and Draco shared if you wish before the epilogue, you can remember the primrose and the letter, but anything about Cassidy falling in love with Draco, forget it.  For the sake of this true ending, that plot line never existed.  Instead, I'm going to give this book the ending I should've given it in the first place.

BUT...as someone pointed out to me recently, someone said they loved the original ending for the fact that Cassidy followed her heart, which is true.  If you wish to stick with that, then you most certainly can.  Regardless, thank you for reading this far and sticking with this book for as long you have.

And, once you finish this, check out my other HP fanfic in progress called FATED.

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CASSIDY'S POV

I used to believe the only reason I was alive was that I was lucky, not because I deserved it.  I used to think the second chances I had been given were only meant to torture me, not because I had more of my life to live.  I never thought I was meant to be something bigger than myself, bigger than anything in this world.  I was convinced I would never make it as far as I had.  Yet there I was, thirteen years later, standing in front of a mirror in awe of the woman that stared back at me.

My eyes shimmered with nervous and excited tears under the white lace veil.  My skin, though usually pale, appeared tan against the silk gown that fell all the way to the floor, leaving a small train behind me.  My eyes fell on the small, but not completely unnoticeable, bump in the dress around my stomach.  She wasn't due to make an entrance for several more months, but even so, it was almost if I could feel her excitement.

The door leading to the altar behind me opened and I caught sight of very curly brown hair in the reflection of the mirror.  I smiled immediately, noticing the bouquet of flowers in Hermione's hand.  I turned around to greet her and she nearly dropped them in surprise.

"Oh, my god!" Hermione squealed, fanning her eyes with her free hand.  "Oh, Cass!  You look so perfect, truly!"

"Stop it, 'Mione!" I said.  "You're gonna make me cry and Ginny spent way too much time on my makeup to do any touch ups."

"Sorry!" Hermione sniffed, still beaming and handing over the bouquet.  "I hope it holds alright, Luna helped me with the selection and keeping them all strung together, Merlin it was a nightmare, what with some of them still having thorns and—"