Epilogue: Thirteen Years Later...

(THE 12 YEAR OLD ENDING)

CASSIDY'S P.O.V.

"Are you ready?" Hermione asked as she handed me my bouquet.

"I'm not sure," I said, and that was the truth.

Today was supposed to be the biggest moment of my life, and I was having second thoughts!

I stared at myself in the mirror, taking in my appearance in the long white dress and veil. It would be a prettier dress on someone else.

I placed a hand to my stomach where my child was concealed. She bulged out a bit under the dress. Something in my mind kept telling me the child would turn out to be a girl, but I never knew what or why.

"I feel sick, Hermione," I said softly. "I don't think I can do this."

"Are you getting cold feet now?"

I nodded. Hermione gasped.

"What's going on?" said Ginny as she emerged from the door. Her red hair was tied up in a perfect bun with a flowery bow.

"Cassidy's having second thoughts!" cried Hermione hastily.

"Oh no! Cass, you have to go out there! You've been dreaming about this moment for years! Isn't this what you want?"

"I don't know anymore," I whispered to the reflection.

Marriage isn't always the best option for certain women. But, marriage to someone you're not sure that you love anymore...red flag goes up right there! No question about it!

I'd been fighting my true love for the past thirteen years. Who is my true love? What can I do? How do I fix this?

Ginny took my bouquet from me. She and Hermione each took my hands and led me out of the dressing room into the hall leading to the alter. A fine red velvet rug trailed down the aisle. I could make out a tall young man in a black suit waiting for me under a small canopy. His black bangs were concealing the scar on his forehead. He was polishing the lenses of his glasses on his sleeve.

Harry.

I was about to become Mrs. Cassidy Rose Potter.

My stomach lurched, and I wondered if my child felt as sick as I did.

Hermione and Ginny let go of my hands. Ginny handed me my bouquet again.

As I wrapped my fingers around the bouquet, my eyes caught sight of the silver snake ring on my middle finger. Its diamond eyes were gazing intensely up at me, as if it was asking me, Why?

I don't know, I thought. I just don't know.

"Okay, Ginny and I have to get into our positions," said Hermione once the bouquet was in place. "Tonks is on her way."

"Tonks?" I said confusingly.

"Yes," said Ginny. "Tonks graciously offered at the last minute to be the one to give you away."

"Come on, Gin!" cried Hermione hurriedly.

"Okay! We'll see you at the alter!" And they disappeared down the aisle.

I looked down at my wrist. The silver heart with the diamond H dangled precariously from its chain. My locket sat against my throbbing heart. I walked over to the large window door and peered out.

A pair of blue eyes stared right back at me. They had tears in them. They were the saddest and loneliest eyes I'd ever seen.

The eyes took notice of the slightly wilted primrose that had been woven into my braid by Hermione's delicate hands. Its petals appeared to be turning brown and crusty, losing all the magic and happiness it had brought me for thirteen years.