Chapter 1; SHIELD

Revised April 2015

My feet were sore, they stung with blisters. My lungs felt like they were about to burn up from my heavy breathing. I pushed my back up against a brick wall. Catching my breath I looked back at where I had come from. And there he was. That man dressed in black, bow slung over his back.
Probably a super villain. That was my first thought. But now, I was doubting it. He started to run faster as he saw me leaning against the wall.

Why is he even following me? This wouldn't have happened if Jess had have kept her mouth shut. That girl is like a living hell, no kidding. She is a mutant, just like me. But she is a strong one, her rage creates earth tremors. That's not the problem, it's when she has a lot of people backing her up, that's the problem. I could take her one on one, I have strength as well. I can fly, well sort of hover. I'm getting better. I can also send out a pulse that sends things around me flying away. The scientist that have been analysing me say that it is a advanced form of electricity.

That man was gaining on me. I stood up and started to run again. Down streets, up and down allies, in and out of parks. But the whole time I could hear his foot steps just behind me. I rounded another corner into an ally, only finding myself face to face with a dead end.

"How could I have taken a wrong turn?" I mutter as I spin around to face my chaser.
"Ashlin." he gasped out of breath. I stiffened.
"How do you know my name?" I spat.
"Listen, you need to come with me." he proclaimed.
"Why?" I questioned shortly, judging my chances of getting past him.
"Because you have to." he stated.

"No." My voice came out far stronger than I felt. "No I don't." He started to move towards me and my breath hitched up. "I really wouldn't if I were you." I warned.

"Why?"he smirked. "It's not like you are going to shoot me." Reaching out, his hand brushed my arm. That really triggered it. The energy exited my body in a wave. My attempts to bottle it proving helpless. A wave of gold energy sent him flying back. His back hit the wall. His breath rushed out, winding his swiftly.

"I said you shouldn't have." I muttered starting to walk out of the ally and back towards the boarding school.
"This is about SHIELD." he voice rung clear through the quiet ally. I froze in my step.
"What?" I hissed spinning back to face him.
"I know what that word means to you." he grumbled as he stood up, brushing his top off.

"No you don't." I spat taking a step towards him. "You know nothing about me."
"Well frankly I do." he said "I work for SHIELD and my operating officer wants me to bring you in." he held out his hand. "What do you say Ashlin?" I looked down at his hand in surprise.

"Who am I?" The words slipped through my lips.
"I don't know." He replied. "But I can help you find out."