Chapter 11; Adopted

Revised April 2015

"He really grows on you doesn't he." Bruce remarked as I entered the Bridge.
"Loki is going to drag this out." replied Steve. "So, Thor what's his play?"
"He has an army called the Chitauri." Thor explained. "They are not of Asgard, or any world known. He means to led them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I expect, for the Tesseract."
"An army?" Steve questioned. "For outer space."

"So he is building another portal?" Bruce muttered. "That's what he needs Eric Selvig for."
"Selvig?" asked Thor in surprise.
"He is a natural physitest." explained Bruce
"He's a friend." Thor replied.

"Loki has him undersome kind of spell." Nat proclaimed.
"Along with on of ours." I added quickly.
"I want to know why Loki let us take him." Steve more to himself then anyone else. "He is not leading an army from here."
"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki." Bruce announced. "That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him."
"I'd care how you speak." Warned Thor as he took a step forward. "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother."

"He kill 80 people in two days." Nat remarked.
"He was adopted." The words slipped out from between my lips for I even realised I had said them. Thor turned to me, his jaw dropping slightly. I knew my face mirrored his, a mask of confusion.

"You need to train." Nat announced breaking the silence.
"Fine." I sighed, running my hand through my brown hair. "See you later."

✩★✩

I swung onto the next bar, hanging upside down, I struck the hanging dummy with the wooden staff before flipping off towards the wall. Using the padding on the wall, I pushed off and landed crouched in a low guard. The staff held out in front of me.
"What was that you were doing." A voice behind me asked. I had seen him come into the room minutes before.
"I was practicing my agility." I responded standing up.
"Meaning?" Thor pressed.

"By swing on the bars and practicing strike and block. Well it improves my fighting skills when I'm flying." I explained.
"Clever." He nodded in both understanding and approval.
"Thanks." I grinned.

"Loki means to unleash the hulk." Nat announced in my ear piece, killing he mood completely. "Keep Banner in the lab I'm on my way. Send Thor and Ashlin as well."
"Copy that." I responded. I heard Steve and Maria respond likewise.
"We have to go, Natasha worked out Loki's plan. We need to go to Banner's lab." I explained to Thor as we headed out.