Chapter 5; War

Revised April 2015

I ran out of the main room, down corridors towards the underground car park. I ducked under the fallen debris but continued to race forward. Finally I reached the car park and Maria was firing her gun at Loki and the others.

They started to drive away in an armed ute. I pulled the dagger from my belt and threw it. It sailed perfectly, cutting through the air at great speed, heading towards Loki. He snatched it out of mid air just centimetres from his face. He held it there for a second before dropped it. Looking at his hand in horror as though the metal had burned a mark into his pale skin.

"Lets go." said Maria as she swung herself into the drivers set in the nearest car. I ran onto the road and grabbed my dagger from where had landed. I reached out and grabbed the door of the car as Maria sped past. Swinging myself in, I glanced at the road ahead.

"Take over." Shouted Maria as she pulled her gun from her belt. I reached over her to the steering wheel. Gripping it, I kept the car upright.
"Left." she shouted over the sound of gun fire. I took a sharp left, swing the car around the corner.
"I'll take over again." she huffed.

"All yours." I muttered. She took a sharp right into their car. A crash caused me to fly out from the seat. Rolling to the hard concrete ground a groan escaped my lips. Sitting up I felt some one grab my collar, pulling me on to Loki's car.

The agent that was holding my collar didn't let go. His eyes were the same creamy, pale white as Clint. I shoved my elbow into his ribs and pushed him over the edge.
"Get her off." shouted Selvig. The other agent started to shot at me.
"Don't hurt her." shouted Loki alarmed. I looked at him shocked. Before I could react the blunt end of his staff came spinning towards me. Hitting me whole in the chest I was thrown off the car. Before I hit the ground I let my flying skills lose. I zoomed ahead trying to catch up with the car. Just them Maria's car rolled over and the of the underground roof started to cave in.

Grabbing Maria from the wreaked car. It carried her out. By the time we got out, Loki's car was far away and Fury was standing with his gun out firing. He turned to face us.
"Are you ok?" he demanded.
"Yeah." I proclaimed as my feet touched down on the ground.
"I've got agents down." Fury explained in his ear piece. "Find all of the survivors, all agents to the Helicarrier.

From here on, we are at war."