Chapter 2; One's Past

Revised April 2015

I stood looking out at the ocean. The jet had brought us here, to the SHIELD helicarrier. The name in my head really existed. They only piece of my past left. Was here, this. I had been fifteen, the new kid at Maplecrest School for Talented Youngsters. Three years ago. The new kid with no memories

"You ready to go in?" I jumped slightly and turned to find Clint standing beside me. I nodded. He lead me inside, down many corridors until we entered a room that was full of agents. They all sat facing a computers, a man with an eye patch was shouting orders. I felt the helicarrier lift off. The man in the eye patch turned to face me from where he stood.

"Director Fury, this is Ashlin." Clint announced.
"Good to see you Ashlin." The man smiled. Not a harsh smile, more of a sad kind smile. "You sure have grown since we last saw you."
"You've seen me before." I did my best to keep my cool as the new information hit me.
"Yes." Director Fury stated simply. "Three years ago. You were here."

"I don't remember." I mumbled looking down at my feet.
"Of course you don't, you were unconscious." he stated "Any one would have died with injuries like those, but you clung on to life."
"What do you mean injuries?"

"Come." He gestured to me as he walked towards the door "Lets talk and walk." I followed him out.

✩★✩

We had walked down many corridors until we came to a quiet hallway. Only then did Director Fury start speaking.

"We picked up some major energy signals in the middle of London. When we arrived, an energy storm had just finished and you were lying on the ground. A sword gripped in one hand. You were pretty beat up. Wounds everywhere. You were barely breathing. We would have just taken you to a hospital but you were sending off massive energy signals. Despite all the wounds, you looked like you had just come from a costume party, you were dressed like an ancient female warrior.

We took you back to HQ, the medics spent hours trying to heal you. Finally you woke. We asked for your name, you said Ashlin, we asked for you family, you said non.
Then the pain knocked you out again. We took you to Maplecrest Boarding School, and had daily cheek ups with you." Finished Fury.

"Hang on, you were the one having all the tests done to me?" I question slightly amused by the thought that the two scientist working with me where SHIELD. Fitz and Simmons, their names were.

"Yes." The director sighed. "Yesterday, your energy levels had a massive spike, that's when we sent Agent Barton after you."
"So that is all you know about my past?" I pressed.

"Yes." I looked down, slightly disappointed. "That's all I can tell you. But I can offer you something, a place in SHIELD."
"Ok," I sighed "What can go wrong?"
"You have no idea." The director smiled.