Chapter 10; Who am I

Revised April 2015

Loki was escorted down the corridors by a squad of SHIELD agents. I followed, just behind. As we passed Banner's lab I saw Loki smirk at Bruce. Loki was lead into one of the high security cells. The walls were made of glass and the cell was in a round shape. There was one seat inside. Other then that it was bare. The door locked, and I noticed the agents' positions relaxed slightly as they left. I stood in the door way, watching as Fury explained the prision.

"It's an impressive cage." Loki smirked. "Not built, I think, for me."
"Built for something alot stronger then you." Fury remarked.
"Oh, I've heard." Loki turned to look at the cameras as he said this. "How desprate are you?"
"You have made me desprate." Fury responded sharply.
"Oh, let me know if real power wants a magizine or some thing." Fury smirked as he walked out. "All yours." Fury nodded as he passed me.
"Thank you sir." I walked in to face Loki, from the other side of the glass.

"Who am I?" I questioned.
"You tell me." he replied.
"Who am I?" I repeated calmly.
"I'm not going to answer." he replied.

"How old am I?" I asked
"To me young, but to the people in midgard, old." He replied. "You're an Asgardian."
"I am not an Asgardian." I shot back turning away.
"Oh, but you are." Loki said softly.

"I can't be an Asgardian." I repeated facing him.
"Did you not reconise me when I took the Tesseract?" he questioned "Did you not say my name without knowing it?"
"If I am an Asgardian. Then what am I doing here, on earth, with on memories?" I asked

"You did a wrong, you were banished. Your memories taken, along with you power." he explained. "You don't belong here." he hissed as walked closer to the the wall. "You never will."
"I this can't be right." I muttered closing my eyes. I span around and walked out of the room. Following the corridors towards the bridge. I turned a corner. Hitting something, someone hard. Strong hands caught me before I fell.
"Ashlin?" asked a voice. I looked up to find Thor holding me.
"Thanks." I mumbled. "Thor, am I an Asgardian?"
"How-?" he sucked in his breath

"I was just talking with Loki." I explained
"Of course he would say something." Thor muttered in annoyance.
"Am I?" I repeated.

"Listen to me." he said softly as he held his hand to my cheek. "I know that it is hard not having true memories. But there are things that you had better not remember."
"But-" I started
"I wish you could remember the times we had together. But it is best the truth stayed hidden." he explained.

"Is my name ever Ashlin?" I whispered.
"Yes." he smiled softly. "But I fear that the banishment did not go quite as planned, for you should have a new name, and no powers. Nor should you remember Loki or my name, yet along things about us." he proclaimed.
"Like?" I questioned confused.
"You knew about Loki's tricks and my hammer."

"One does not need to know alot about you, to know about your hammer." I smiled.
"True." muttered Thor. "Just don't go looking for answers, you do not know need the truth." He explained as he took his hand from my cheek and stood back.
"Thank you Thor." I mumbled.
"You are more then welcome Ashlin." he smiled as he turned and walked down the corridor.