❥two

"what the heck is muziek?" tyler asked as melanie and him were walking towards cabin lists.

"well obviously it's music, she definitely sounded european though, like german. dutch maybe?" melanie replied, patting down her bangs from the summer breeze.

"i liked her. she was really nice and calm." tyler added on, melanie nodded in agreement.

the twenty approached the large board with a diagram of each cabin and the list of residents underneath. melanie pouted. "i wish you could be in my cabin."

"you never know" tyler smiled. melanie gave him a puzzled look. "you're a guy." she said. "i know" tyler giggled. "but my mom talked to the camp prior to me coming there to make sure i get a girls cabin." he said. melanie raised her eyebrow. "why??"

"cause i'm gay." tyler replied without hesitation. "she thought it would be easier for me." he smiled. "oh." melanie smiled from ear to ear. "that makes sense."

since tyler was taller he stood in front of melanie, trying to see over the crowd of kids. he kept his fingers crossed that he would end up with melanie.

tyler joseph

his eyes were suddenly drawn to his name. he continued down the list.

tyler joseph
marina diamandis
elizabeth grant
melanie martinez

tyler looked back at melanie and smiled. "are we together?" she asked. tyler nodded as the both cheered in a mini celebration. after
jumping up and down tyler happened to glance over to how right, where the board for the instrument kids were.

the red head with the drums stood out from the crowd. he was already looking at tyler before tyler saw him, his face looking confused at the sight of tyler and melanie dancing around in joy.

tyler felt his cheeks get hot as he looked away. "do you know him?" melanie asked, she was looking at him too. tyler shook his head, looking back at the red head.

the red head stuck out his tongue and flipped them off at the same time, causing both singers to gasp. tyler furrowed his eyebrows as he grabbed a hold of his stuff. "come on" he said as he began to walk away. melanie followed as he looked back at the red head one last time, who was grinning at their reaction.

they arrived at cabin C4, which was located deeper into the woods and was fairly close to a lake. melanie was the first to open the aged wooden door with tyler following behind.

the other two residents were already inside, their baggage on their claimed beds. both directed their attention to melanie and tyler when they entered.

a girl approached them two as they stood in front of the doorway. she had wavy black hair with these big captivating eyes so dark they could also be considered black. "hello!" she greeted them cheerfully, with a thick accent.

melanie and tyler both smiled as they said hi in unison. "my names marina, that's lizzie." she pointed back to other girl who laid on her bed.

her hair giving off a golden shimmer in the sunlight as she glanced over at the two. she took her cherry lollipop out of her mouth, creating a pop noise as she greeted them with a slight "hey" before continuing to look at her vogue magazine.

"my names melanie." melanie said with her toothy smile. "i'm tyler." the brunette added on. "tyler huh." marina raised her eyebrow. "i was surprised to see a boy in our cabin."

"tyler's gay!" melanie blurted out before tyler had time to even think. lizzie let out a quick giggle. "cute." she mumbled. "ohh, that makes sense." marina laughed. "see, that's what i said!" melanie giggled, making tyler smile.

❥❥❥

it was almost 12 and everyone was going to the dining hall for lunch. when they arrived, there was a line building up at the buffet already. lizzie decided to find a table for them since she didn't want to eat.

the food was impressive. there were large amounts of everything, food items varying from subs and pizzas to salads and mozzarella sticks. there was even a bigger variety in drinks. going from milk to coffee, juice to soda, and energy drinks to water. tyler was really fond of this camp.

"what do you write about?" marina asked, taking a sip of her water. they were on the subject of songs and tyler was going on about how he loves to write his own.

"they are mostly just how i feel and perceive things i guess." tyler answered, wiping the pizza grease off of his fingers with a napkin.

"interesting, you should definitely share them sometime. you know i'm pretty excited for those shows that they put on every once in a while here." marina said.

"yeah yeah i heard about that! like we get to perform if we want to for others. the idea sounds cute but i think i'd be too nervous to do it." melanie sipped her strawberry milk.

"i wouldn't mind doing it." marina said proudly. "i'd get up there and sing my heart out, i love performing." she smiled.

they all laughed. "i'm sure you would slay that stage marina." tyler giggled as he pushed back his seat to stand up.

he was suddenly met with a liquid that poured all down his back. his chair was stopped and the dining hall slowly grew silent. tyler turned his head to see the red haired kid, right behind his chair.

"jesus, can you be any more unaware of your surroundings." the red head growled. "i'm sorry!" tyler squeaked. melanie furrowed her eyebrows in frustration. "shouldn't you be apologizing, you spilt soda all over him!" she tried to stand up for tyler.

"shut up drag queen." the red head mumbled. melanie's lip quivered as she was easily hurt by the insult about her make up.

"looks like i'll have to get another soda." he sighed as he squeezed out from behind the chair and walked back towards the buffet.

tyler could feel his back begin to get sticky. his stomach felt heavy, his anxiety was definitely getting to him. his face felt hot with embarrassment. marina looked horrified over the incident that just happened, lizzie was still sucking on a lollipop, entranced in her magazines.

"he's mean!" melanie sobbed. the three looked at her and all thought the same thing. wow, she cries easily.