❥three

since it was only the first day at this camp, activities weren't huge. so there was a lot of free time for the kids to explore their surroundings and basically get settled in.

the only main rule was that vocals and instruments stay on their sides, which will be enforced throughout their whole stay.

tyler pouted as he tossed his sticky shirt off onto the ground. "don't even worry about that asshole." marina said in consolation. "it's not even that." tyler zipped up his bag. "i liked that shirt a lot."

marina put hand to her mouth, trying not to giggle because she wasn't sure if he was serious or not. "well then let's not worry about the little things and how about we go take a look around?" marina asked.

"i'll go" tyler said as he felt the back of his neck. "after i wash the pepsi off my neck." he walked to the small cabin bathroom.

"once i finish this!" melanie said, looking into a mirror as she fixed the purple eyeshadow under her eyes.

"i'm gonna stay here, probably take a nap." lizzie said. she's been rather quiet all day so it was understandable to think she was just really tired.

"sweet." marina smiled as she fixed her high waisted shorts.

❥❥❥

the three stood at the edge of the lake. "everything is so pretty here!" melanie held her arms out, feeling the suns warmth.

"the water feels nice." marina was standing ankle deep in the pond, her gel sandles in her hand. tyler sat in the grass, writing in a journal.

"watches writing?" melanie peered over his shoulder. "got inspired and came up with some lines. do these make sense?" tyler asked, handing the journal to melanie.

she sat next to him, reading the lines quietly to herself.
"this is not what you're supposed to see.
please, remember me.
i am supposed to be
king of a kingdom
or swinging on a swing.
something happened to my imagination.
this situations becoming dire.
my tree house is on fire
and for some reason
i smell gas on my hands.
this is not what i had planned.
this is not what i had planned."

mel looked at him with eyes admiration. "tyler that's so pretty!" she squealed, hugging him tightly. tyler chuckled embarrassingly. "really?" he asked. "it sounds so pure, it's like a story almost." melanie said. tyler smiled. "i guess it could be."

marina groaned as dirt and grass stuck to her bare feet. "i should've thought this through." she made a grossed out face. "i'll be right back!" melanie stood up, skipping away quickly.

marina and tyler watched her as she disappeared into the nature. they both gave each other puzzled looks before starting to walk back to the cabin.

❥❥❥

melanie rocked back and fourth from the ball of her foot to her heels as she read the schedule for the next two weeks.

friday 27

she grinned as she made a mental before walking back to the cabin. on her way back she stumbled upon a group of people she wished she didn't.

as she passed by the stage from earlier, she noticed a familiar face among a group of kids. they all looked like punks, which in reality she wouldn't mind, but she already knew they were mean.

she hoped to not be seen, which is difficult considering how eye catching her appearance is. it didn't take long to be noticed.

"oh look it's the clown." she heard a familiar voice. she looked over to see the red head a long with his friends all looking at her, a few laughing at the joke that she thought was totally unfunny.

"who the hell is that josh?" one asked. he shrugged. "i don't wanna know." he smirked. she tightened her fists as she walked away, trying her best to ignore them as they obnoxiously laughed.

❥❥❥

closing the door quietly behind him, marina and tyler snuck past lizzie who was fast asleep in her bed.

marina went to get a towel to dry her feet and tyler sat down on his bed, rereading what he wrote earlier. melanie's compliments replayed in his head and he smiled at the page before placing his journal on the shelf next to him.

the door swung open, making a sudden bang noise. melanie stepped in, her mouth open about to speak when tyler and marina simultaneously shushed her. motioning towards the peacefully sleeping lizzie.

melanie shut the door slowly as she sat next to tyler on his bed. she grinned at him. "next friday is the first stage performance that we get to do. you have to do it." she said.

tyler made an unsure face. "i dunno mel, what if i get booed? i'd probably die of anxiety." melanie lightly hit him in the arm. "don't think like that! you have potential with your words. plus you have time to practice and i can help you!" she smiled. "i-" he was cut off by melanie. "i can give you my guitar if you want, and do something acoustic!"

tyler looked up for a few, thinking. "only if you do it too." he grinned back at her. her eyes widened. "no way!" she yelled in a whisper. tyler raised his eyebrow. she furrowed her eyebrows before mumbling "..fine."

❥❥❥

the three entered the cabin late after dinner. lizzie was sitting in bed, the lamp by her bed lit. she clearly took a shower, as she was in the middle of braiding her wet hair.

"lizzie you missed dinner." marina said, sounding like a concerned mother as she took off her gel sandles. she just shrugged. "not that hungry."

"i'm taking the first shower!" mel exclaimed as she grabbed her night gown and ran to the bathroom. "i call second!" marina said. "ladies first." tyler giggled.

after everyone showered, they turned out their lights as they lay in their beds. listening to crickets and the light frog croaks from the water. it was the end of day one, fifty- eight more to go.

jeeeez i feel like i kinda rushed through this so i'm sorry if it doesn't make much sense rn. it'll get better in the next chapter because that's when things start to happen :))