❥sixteen

it's been two more days, and tyler was capable of going back to camp. he was bouncing with joy as they pulled towards the large camp sign.

"if you need anything remember to can either call me or talk to lin, she seems reliable!" his mother called out from the drivers seat as tyler got his stuff out of the trunk.

"got it! love you!" tyler smiled as he walked away from the car. "love you too!" she watched as he disappeared into the forest before slowly driving off.

tyler walked with a hop in his step as he was happy to be back. he wasn't sure the exact time, but it was sometime in the middle of the day. the kids must've been at activities because he didn't spot a single person walking to his cabin.

he walked in, the wooden door closing behind him as he set his stuff down. it's only been 5 days but it felt a lot longer. he unpacked a few of his things before sitting down.

the sounds of the woods made tyler feel calm, and soon sleepy. he laid on his side and began to slowly drift to sleep.

he quickly shot up in a sweat at the sudden sound of melanie shrieking. "you're back!" she skipped over and jumped onto him, squeezing him tightly. "hey ty." lizzie smiled. "welcome back!" marina giggled.

i'm back

tyler felt so much better already. there was still one thing he still had to do. he had to find josh. just to his luck activities were over and lunch was currently beginning at the dining hall.

melanie kept a strong grip on the boy as they left for lunch. "josh is going to be so happy!" she sang. tyler raised his eyebrows. "did he say anything?" he asked.

"oh my gosh we talked everyday about you, he was pretty worried." marina said. tyler looked excited, marina grinned.

❥❥❥

"are they gonna let you say that?" melanie asked. marina laughed at her innocence. "yeah, swears are just part of self expression. they said they don't mind unless it's like seriously offensive." marina said.

"who's electra heart?" melanie asked. "she's like a persona i made up. a stage character." marina relied, melanie's eyes twinkled. "that sounds so cool." she said in awe.

"the songs cute." lizzie said, taking another bite of her sub. "thanks!" marina smiled. she shut her journal as she grinned at tyler. "what?" he laughed awkwardly.

a warm hand rested on tyler's shoulder, making him jump. he turned back to see a smile he missed. "you're back!" josh sat down next to him. tyler raised his eyebrows. "h-hi!" he smiled back.

he looked over at when josh usually sat. the table full of the same people, his friends. he wondered why he was sitting with him. not like he minded or anything, just seems like something he'd be teased for.

"josh sits with us now." melanie said. tyler nodded and gave josh another awkward smile. "great."

❥❥❥

"i think we should talk." josh said, breaking the awkward silence between the two boys who sat with nothing left to do.

their song was finished, they have ran through it multiple times, the duo performance is in a few days. they basically used this space to talk since it's kinda hard to do considering they have to stay on their sides.

"about what?" tyler asked uneasily. "you know, the thing we did." josh said. tyler's eyes widened a bit. "what thing?" he asked. "tyler don't play dumb, before you left we uh..".

"what about it?" tyler asked. "well what does that make us? people don't just do that for no reason." josh said. "i mean i've never down anything like that to a guy before.." he trailed off.

tyler felt his stomach turn. he began to doubt himself. "it was gross wasn't it?" he asked. josh looked shocked. "wha-no! i didn't mean it like that."

"i made you uncomfortable didn't i. did your friends make fun of you, is that why you sit with us?" tyler asked, starting to panic. "tyler no, i mean yeah they weren't the nicest but they are assholes anyways. that's not the point though, the point is-"

tyler's thoughts blocked out josh. the whole time he felt horrible. he made josh become something he's not, he was too worried about his own feelings. he bit the inside of his lips.

"tyler?" josh brought him back to the situation. "did you hear me?" he asked. tyler shook his head.  "i said you didn't do anything wrong, is fine with what happened. i actually kinda liked it okay? i just wanna know what that makes us. not anyone else, not my friends or yours, just us two."

"i-i dunno.." tyler shrugged. josh sighed. "tyler i think i love-"

"hey guys lunch is starting! you've been in here for a while so it's time to get going." lin bursted through the door.

josh cleared his throat as he stood up. "right, sorry." he kept his eyes averted towards the ground. josh walked out first, his face turned pink. tyler trailing behind, hating lin for ruining a potentially great conversation with josh.

the acoustic version of message man makes me so emotional help