❥eight

"i really don't like this." tyler sighed as he walked out of activities with the rest of his friend group of three. "just pay attention to what you came here for, the music! don't let him ruin it for you." marina tried to cheer him up.

they were stopped by lin who approached them, smiling at tyler. "can i borrow you for a sec?" she asked. tyler gave her an unsure nod before leaving his friends to follow her.

❥❥❥

"sounds fun right?" she asked, flipping her pen around her finger. tyler shook his head. "i put you two together on purpose." she said. "i figured." tyler responded flatly.

"you two should be on good terms. you are both really similar and i'm surprised you didn't become friends." she went on. "he's the one who decided to be rude first!" tyler furrowed his eyebrows.

"im aware, and no we are going to fix it by doing this. it's just making music. he plays the drums you know, you guys could work together well." she grinned. tyler gave her an uncomfortable face. "basically what i wanted to say was that you guys will be here when you work together just to make sure you actually gave eachother and to make sure things work out right. okay?" she asked.

tyler sat there wondering why it was even such a big deal. he nodded anyways, leaving quickly. he just wishes he could work with someone he didn't even know, it would be so much easier. it's not even like josh bothers him that much, it's just when he made fun of him being gay, it really got under tyler's skin.

his identity is something he's struggled with for a while and he's finally come close to accepting who he is. but comments like that set him back, makes him doubt himself.

"you okay?" melanie's voice interrupted his sudden thoughts. he looked up to meet her concerned eyes. tyler shrugged. "oh come on ty, it won't be that bad trust me." she said, pulling on his arm. "it's lunch, and everyone's waiting for you." she smiled.

tyler gave a smile back, feeling the warmth from his friends genuine care for him. he loved the friend he made here, they made him feel so much better. they made everything so much brighter.

❥❥❥

"i'm actually excited about mine. i mean tony was really cool." marina smiled. "he had gauges and quite a few tattoos for a 16 year old."

"i met my partner, alex." melanie said in a more disappointed tone. "he had a really thick accent. he called me crazy then gave me this creepy grin and was like i like crazy." the rest of the table begin to giggle. "it's not funny!" melanie tried not to smile. "it was weird."

"i still don't know who brendon is." lizzie said. marina scanned the dining hall before pointing to the food table. brendon was staring at the drinks, a familiar red head by his side.

"that's him." she said. lizzie looked over at the guy who seemed to be making a big decision on which drink to choose as he just stood their squinting at them all. "oh.." she said, grinning slightly.

tyler looked over along with them, yet his eyes went straight to josh rather than brendon. he was standing impatiently next to the black haired boy, his arms crossed with a red bull can in his hand. he looked around and didn't take long make eye contact with tyler.

the two stared for a few before tyler gave him a minor dirty look, still angry at him. josh tilted his head a little, giving him a puzzled look and eyes that said what was that for? tyler rolled his eyes and josh grinned and began to follow brendon who was walking away.

tyler leaned back in his seat as he watched them walk away. he wasn't sure how he felt about that kid. like he was totally rude to him for no reason and seems to act like a punk, but part of tyler gets excited when josh pays attention to him.

this was hecka short but i'm really tired so i'll write more tomorrow oOo |-/