❥fifteen

tyler's expression was blank as he sat at the kitchen table with his journal open. nothing came to his head, he was too focused on everything he was missing at camp. it's been two days and he feels like a loser. he's been inside the whole time and he's sleeping with his mom at night, he's 15.

his mother came in, suddenly waking him out of his thoughts of self hatred. "hey ty, marks on the phone." she said, handing him the home phone.

"hello?" tyler asked, closing his journal.

"hey ty guy! i heard you're home for a week, wanna hang today?" his enthusiastic voice on the phone woke tyler up. "um i guess so, what do you wanna do?" he asked.

"well i was thinking we could go swimming or something, it's hot today." tyler groaned. "i really don't- sorry mark, i don't feel too good. maybe tomorrow." tyler lied. "oh..no worries man! i'll talk to you tomorrow then, um feel better?" he tried his best to not sound disappointed.

"sorry bye." tyler hung up the phone. his mother gave him a frown. "why'd you do that?" she asked, taking back the phone. tyler shrugged. his mother stared at him, thinking of something to say. she sighed. "you haven't seen them right?" she asked.

tyler looked up, confused for a second before understanding her question. he nodded. "you've been taking your medication, right?" tyler nodded again.

"i'll see if you can go back sooner, okay? i wanna make sure your okay first. but i also hate seeing you just sit around looking miserable." she said. tyler gave her a small smile.

"i love you ty." she pulled him into a hug. "love you too mom."

❥❥❥

"when are you gonna get off of his bed." marina asked. melanie was face down in tyler's bed, making various groaning noises that were muffled by the blankets. "i miss him!" she lifted her head up.

"he'll be back soon it's okay." marina said, finishing her last sentence. she was writing her song for the duo performance, which was coming up quick.

"what do you think really happened?" lizzie asked. the two looked at her, then at eachother. "what do you mean?" melanie asked. "i mean, do you think tyler has something going on that we weren't aware of." she said, she pointed to her head.

"well obviously now yeah." marina said. "it was pretty unexpected, but i mean i guess it could happen to anyone." she said. melanie's bottom lip began to quiver as her eyes began to tear up. "i miss tyler!!" she whined.

marina looked at her was a shocked expression. "wow, you really are a crybaby." she said. "shut up!" melanie squeaked, messily whiling away her tears. lizzie giggled.

short chapter :)