❥twenty

getting a cheer from the audience as the two boys went on stage. the girls cheering louder than the others. tyler smiled as they gave him thumbs up. what did he do to deserve such great friends.

the song started when tyler started singing, josh got settled into his drum set as he waited for tyler to begin. they both desperately wanted it to be over.

tyler cleared his thought before putting on a performance face.

"scared of my own image."

josh began to drum then quickly stopped when he heard tyler singing different words. he looked at tyler in confusion.

"scared of my own immaturatity,
scared of my on ceiling, scared i'll die of uncertainty, fear might be the death of me, fear leads to anxiety, don't know what's inside of me."

josh began to somehow create his own beat, listening closely to the tune tyler was singing at."

"don't forget about me,
don't forget about me, even when i doubt you, i'm no good without you, no no."

josh listened to the lyrics. what the hell.. he thought.

"temperature is dropping, temperature is dropping, i'm not sure if i can see this ever stopping, shaking hands with the dark parts  of my thoughts, no, you are all that i've got, no.

don't forget about me, don't forget about me
even when i doubt you, i'm no good without you, no, no, no, no, no
gnawing on the bishops, claw our way up their system, repeating simple phrases, someone holy insisted, i want the markings on my skin, to mean something to me again, hope you haven't left without me. hope you haven't left without me, please!"

josh stopped and looked at tyler who quietly looked at his shoes. the crowd waited a few seconds before cheering uncontrollably. tyler felt relaxed as he heard clapping. he took a bow before exiting the stage, josh following him in confusion but smiling at the audience.

once they got back stage, josh didn't hesitate to wait. "what the hell was that?!" he asked tyler. tyler looked at him innocently. "what?" he asked. "you changing up the song and making it sound all sad and sappy." josh looked angry. tyler's face got red, not of embarrassment for once, but of irritation.

"why do you care! last time i checked you didn't care about me at all!" he said. "why would i care about you if you were happy to be away from you!" josh yelled back. "why would i be happy about that. isn't it obvious i don't. why were you so unaffected by us being separated?"

"i was affected!" josh got defensive. "that woman told me you were happy about it, imagine how that must've felt!" tyler's eyes widened as he realized what just happened. "lin told me you didn't care." he said, swallowing hard. "they lied to us both." josh looked a little less tense.

"so you never actually hated me?" he asked. "i could never hate you." tyler smirked, making josh smile slightly. "why did they lie like that? they are grown adults." josh said. tyler shrugged. he noticed melanie who stood there awkwardly with lizzie and marina.

"hey guys." tyler giggled lightly. josh turned to see the girls as they approached them. "so that woman lied to you guys to get you guys to hate eachother?" lizzie asked. "i guess so.." josh said. "that's fucked." she said.

"you guys are good?" marina asked. tyler nodded as he smiled at josh. "yeah." he said. it felt good to be like that again. "yay!" marina squeezed tyler tightly. melanie quickly joined and before they knew it they were all in one big group hug.

the people back stage gave them the weirdest looks.