2. So You're Alpha Huh? ✔

TW: SELF HARM

Alana's POV

While sitting on the bathroom floor, I suck in a breath as the blade slides across my skin.

Relief and relaxation courses through me as the pain becomes more numbing with every slice.

I sit and watch the blood drip before I erupt in a fit of sobs.

It shouldn't hurt this bad. It shouldn't affected me

Who was he to tell me what I was, and what I wasn't. Who was he to deem me beautiful or not?

No matter how many times I tried to convince myself that it didn't matter what anyone thought that simply wasn't the truth.

"Alana?"

Chance knocks on the door, and my eyes widen.

"Fuck," I whisper, quickly grabbing the pack of blades to hide them.

"Are you alright? Why do I smell blood?"

"Shit, shit, shit," I dump the blades back into its hiding spot behind the sink, and run the water over my hands.

"Uh – give me a second."

"Are you hurt?"

"I'm on my period," I blurt and he pauses for a second.

"That doesn't smell like period blood."

"Chance – ew. Just give me a sec!"

Chance and I lived together ever since my parents passed away two years ago, and well let's just say he's gotten accustomed to a lot of things

I mop the floor quickly, placing the mop under running water in the shower.

When I'm done, I exit the bathroom and find him leaning on the wall.

"Were you crying?" He asks immediately, cupping my cheeks, and I swat his hands away.

"No," I lie, stepping away from the door and into the licing room.

"Alana," he calls in a warning tone as I settle onto the couch.

"Can werewolves be mated to humans?"

"Sure," stunned by my questionable outburst, he stutters a bit, "on very rare occasions, why?"

I itch at my forehead, "I'm Leo's mate."

"Leo Warren? The jerk going to our school?" I nod, ignoring the sudden need to defend Leo.

He growls and before I know what's happening I'm pushed against the wall, our faces hovering across from each other.

"Chance, what're you doing?"

"Reject him."

"I – I was going to . . . but what are you doing?"

As if only noticing now that he had me pressed against the wall, he drops me gently and takes a step away from me.

"You can't be Leo's mate," he mutters, "you're supposed to be mine."

"Uh – what," I raise an eyebrow, my lips parted in confusion, "Chance I hate to break it to you but I rather learn how to chew water than to be with a werewolf."

"Yet the universe placed you with one, obviously we're meant to be," he steps forward to take my hand, and I take a step back.

"I don't think that's how it works," I shake my head.

He reaches for me again but before he could, the door comes crashing in. Both of us are shocked to find Leo, standing in all the naked glory. He was raging, his pupils dilated, his eyes body lurching with rage spasms.