16. Live and Learn✔

Alana's POV
17 more days

It seemed as if God was giving me a second chance as a picture of hell passed through my mind as I fell.

Fire endlessly burning, loud screams, foul smell of death. The underground never felt so realistic.

I guess that's the reason why I grabbed hold of the giant rock, clinging onto it as pain flashed everywhere.

Crawling was painful but I made it. Barely. It was dark and I was weak. Pushing my hair back, I sniff, bringing my legs to my chest.

I don't sob.

No, I'm strong.

Well, at that moment I tried to be.

I'm going to try to sleep on this cold rock, and find a way to make it to land when the sun rises.

My mind felt like a roller coaster, just going up and down, round and round.

Sighing shakily, I slowly lower myself onto the firm object, flinching every time the waves decided to beat against it.

----------------------------------------------
"Alana, baby...."

Was I dreaming?

What's Leo doing here?

"Baby lets go. Cmon."

Must be a dream. I don't want to dream of him.

"Alana." He murmurs touching my cheek.

Gosh it feels so real.

"Baby! Cmon wake up."

I cough up water and sure enough, it wasn't a dream.

"Leo? What're you doing here?"

"I'm here for you baby." He smiles.

"Stop. Don't call me that." I murmur and his face sags.

"Okay." He mutter quietly. My eyes catch something moving, a boat floated near us with a few of the pack members. The sun had risen, which means I spent all night on this rock.

"Cmon, let's get you home." He tries to lift me but I push his hands away.

"I'm fine." I slowly lift myself, staring at the boat. I was so cold.

Tilting my head as a certain boy eyed me, he looked familiar.

I tried hard to remember-

He's the one who gave me a sympathetic look at the cafe!

"I want him to help me up on the boat." I tell Leo.

"What? No."

"I said. I want him to help me up on the boat." I repeated sternly and he scoffs. He starts shouting something and suddenly the man was in front of me gripping my waist.

I scream in pain as my sides burn.

"Crap! I'm sorry!" He yells. His voice was deep and I gulped shaking my head.

"It's fine." I decide to help him a little, so I try to stand as he, this time more gentle, pulls me up.

"Thank you." I smile and he gives me a shy smile. A growl is heard from behind and I ignore it. Sadly, my new friend couldn't ignore it.

He cleared his throat nodding and walking away.

---------

The whole trip back was nerve wracking.

I just kept my hands firmly around me as they sped home. I couldn't stop crying, I'm sure everyone knew about what happened by now.

"You know...there's nothing to be ashamed of." My head whips around and I find Dustin. I finally learned his name.

"Mm. I wouldn't be so sure." I murmur, turning my eyes back to the ocean.

"Its a lot of pressure being here especially when you're a human. And I heard what Leo did. But give him time, he's learning. This is all new for him and deep down he loves you."

"Yea. Deep deep deep down in his cold  black heart." I mutter bitterly and Dustin chuckles.

"That's the spirit."

---------

"Ahhh!"

"Don't Tell your mother!" The television yells and I burst out screaming.

With laughter of course.

"What in the world is this movie." I shout wholeheartedly while choking on laughter, looking around with my arms open even though I was the only one in this room.

"Glad you're enjoying yourself."

My laughter stops too suddenly because it ends with a hiccup

I clear my throat and turn back to Grown ups 2.

"You're still mad? You don't actually believe I did what I did willingly do you?"

"Oh lord Leo, shut your mouth. I saw what I saw." Rolling my eyes, I lost all interest in this wonderful movie.

"Alana-"

"Shhh. 11 more days and I'm out." I smile sarcastically patting his chest and he grips my hand tight.

He stares at me, jaw locked before I roughly pull my hands away from him.