18. Goodbyes ✔

Alana's POV

"So you're their Luna, which means you should be able to fight."

"I thought I proved myself in the beginning." I place my hands on my hips and lean on one side eyeing the man in front of me.

"You did but I was rusty, I'm ready now."

I shake my head and stand in place as we prepare to train. Dressed in leggings and a sports bra as a distraction, but sadly it doesn't seem like he noticed.

"Alright, hit me." He says.

"Nah, go first." I smile and he deadpans. He walks towards me and lands a swift punch....well no where.

"I can't hit a girl." He shakes his head and I roll my eyes, kicking him in his stomach.

"Dang." He wheezes falling to the ground.

"No mercy!!" I yell excessively loud and jump on him. He flips me over and straddles me as I struggle.

"Dang boy, why you so fat?"

"Fat? I'll have you know this is pure muscle."

"Right...." He rolls his eyes and me smiling before leaning in.

"Kiss?" He mutters.

"Y'know, it would be more fun if you would slam me to a tree or something." I suggest and he smirks.

"Noted." He leans in and we were about to kiss when-

"Alpha! There's been an intrusion." One of the pack members yell and Leo stands quickly before lifting me.

"How many?"

"One." He replies and Leo raises his eyebrow.

"Then....take care of him."

"We can't Alpha! He has Ashely at gun point."

"Ashely?!" He yells breaking apart from me and running out.

"He didn't even listen for the last part. Luna, go with Dustin, the intruder is demanding that we bring you to him, but we will protect you."

I nod even though my mind was simply running wild.

"Thank you." I smile at him, kissing his cheek and he blushes. I turn to find Dustin who grabs my hand and leads me to some abandoned area of the pack house.

"Seems like we only meet on special occasions." Dustin grins and I offer him a small smile.

"What's wrong?"

"What....what happened between Leo and Ashely, why did they break up?"

"He went to save her didn't he. ." Dustin sighs and I nod looking away.

"Just dropped me like a hot potato."

"But you are a hot potato." Dustin jokes and I roll my eyes laughing.

"They broke up about a few months ago. Leo was definitely in love. And Ashely was too. She's not all that bad trust me. They were great for each other but..."

"They weren't mates." I finish for him and he looks up at me nodding.

"When.  .  .Leo found you.  .or you found him, they were together. There were so many rumors of Leo being a man-whore but it was only because they wanted to keep things low key. Leo broke up with her the day he found you. After all it's his mate, its true love."