15. Freedom? ✔

18 days left still/ Alana's POV

It was about nine thirty when I finally got home from running in the woods and I've got to say I was missing Leo.

I gave Apple to one of the little pack members, and he was happy to say the least.

Slowly opening the front door as everyone was already in their beds, some with their mate and others probably by themselves I nearly jump in fear as someone flicks the light on.

"Hi there Luna." There was this beautiful girl standing in front of me. Leggy, clear skin, grey eyes. "Seems like just a few weeks ago Leo was soon to reject you. I wonder what changed his mind."

"I'm sorry. You are?" I ask not liking her tone.

"Ashely Ortega. Leo's ex girlfriend."

Oh.

I swear Alana if you have to compete with that you're not gonna win.

"Speechless? Mm you should be, because as long as you're not mated I can snatch him anytime." She smirks before blowing me a kiss and sauntering off.

Don't let her get to you.

I sigh and walk towards our room, pushing the door open I gasp.

Leo turns at my voice and I can see that he's trying to get his wolf back in order.

"Alana I- this-" I stare at the ground, my mouth wide as I witness class everywhere. Our bathroom door was barely clinging to its hinges, the sheets were shredded and he was bleeding.

I only swallow as he tries to explain, but instead of blowing up I grab a broom and begin to sweep away the mess.

"Let me help y-"

"No. Obviously, you've helped enough."

"I don't deserve how you treat me." He says suddenly and I freeze. "You talk to me my like I'm nothing, throw your little pathetic tantrums, running away and all that nonsense. Well guess what Alana. I. Don't. Care. Reject me! Let me feel the pain but I'm not going to sit here and let you treat me like I'm not trying. I rather spend the night with someone else than to have to share the bed with someone who probably shows any type of affection because they have to not because they want to."

He then leaves, slamming the door and I sigh.

He's completely right.

He is trying and it seems like I don't appreciate it.
----------

I was finally done with the room, all cleaned up and ready for bed.

One thing missing.

Breathing in confidently, I walk down into the the hall, searching every door and I find a small light peeking out from the doors and I push the door slightly. What I see has me swallowing tears and pride.

Ashely and Leo in a very heated make out session. All the walls I built simply.... fell. His words of fake encouragement replayed in my mind as he coaxed me. I watch as Ashely raises her eyes and smirks. Leo turns towards me and his eyes widen but it's too late.

I have nothing to live for.

I was gone.

Shoulders shaking as I sob, I run. I run quickly, faster than I have ever. I didn't mind as the cold wind hit my face, or the harsh branches and twigs snap at my feet. I just wanted the pain to stop. Please.

I claw at my chest where it burned as I ran. It was so painful. I sobbed even louder and it became harder for me to run but I made it.

Reaching the cliff I make no hesitation jumping. A loud growl is heard from above as I scream waiting for the painful impact.

No one can stop me now.

I'm gone. Gone with the waves.

Everything seemed to be in slow motion as I fell. There was screaming from the top. And I closed my eyes.

Cold engulfs me as I finally breach the cold sea. I only lay on my back and close my eyes as I begin to float.

Float away.

Freedom, at last.