☆5☆

Chapter Five

Look at the Stars
Look how They Shine for You

"I only have a week."

Tyler really dreaded those words. School had just ended and Jason was going to University, that's what it meant. When it warmed up in the spring, the snow melted and the flowers bloomed, Jason and Tyler kept count of how many days it would be until the end of school. Now it was the end of June. "It's going to be a lonely summer." Tyler sighed.

"I really hope you still stargaze." Jason said. "If you promise, I will too. I will sip out of my galaxy mug."

Tyler smiled. "Okay, I promise."

"Pinky swear?" Jason asked, and held out his pinky.

"Oh come on, that's so childish." Tyler laughed.

Jason kept holding it up, with a little smile on his face. "Fine, pinky swear." Tyler agreed, and they pinky swore.

"Now you may not feel as alone." Jason smiled.

"True that." Tyler nodded.

"Besides, you're a very likable person Tyler, I'm sure you have friends to be around." Jason said.

"If I tried... I'm an extreme introvert." Tyler laughed nervously.

"Why did you start talking to me then?" Jason asked.

"Well you started talking to me first, and it would be rude not to respond." Tyler replied. "And after that... I just found talking to you very easy."

"If you find a nice person who shares your interests then it can be easier to talk to them." Jason informed. "If you take the time and patience to know what their interests are, you can become such good friends with someone."

"Hm, I never thought of that before." Tyler remarked.

Jason laughed his twinkling laugh and Tyler couldn't help to just smile. "You give some pretty good advice, Jason."

Jason grinned warmly. "Thanks!"

"You probably know a lot of people." Tyler said. "You seem like the type of person who lots of people would like to be around."

"Really?" Jason asked. "I don't really know a lot of people."

"Oh." Tyler looked down at his hands, which were on his stomach. "Well I hope you find people in University that you can talk too!"

"Yeah... Me too." Jason agreed.

They went silent for a bit, listening to the sounds of the night. A cool wind blew and made a whistling noise when it went through the trees. They could hear crickets chirping, and they saw a few bats fly overhead. "I love bats." Jason said, breaking the silence.

"Oh yeah! Bats are nice." Tyler nodded.

They watched the bats swoop around, but then Tyler had to go home. He wanted to stay out there forever, stargazing with Jason.

He didn't want to be alone again.

☆ ☆ ☆