☆11☆

Chapter Eleven

'I feel like a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything.
Maybe we're from the same star.'

☆☆☆

"How do you feel about..." Tyler was looking at the shelves of the 7-11. "Chex mix?"

"I've never had that before... So why not?" Jason smiled.

The two were getting snacks to watch a meteor shower with. Tyler struggled to get the chex mix off of the shelf, due to an armful of snacks in hand. "I'll run and get a basket." Jason said, and sped walked away.

Tyler stood awkwardly in the nearly empty 7-11, turning his head to look at everything on the shelves. Jason hurried back with a basket in hand. "I never would have thought watching a meteor shower would require so much preparation." He giggled and held the basket out to Tyler, and Tyler quickly dumped the snacks he was holding into the basket.

"Ah, thanks." He panted. "Yeah, I never would've thought that either. I guess I just want this to be perfect? I dunno." He shrugged while his face went red. He coughed quietly and grabbed the chex mix, tossing it into the basket as well.

"We should probably have hot drinks, huh?" Jason asked. "I mean, it may be chilly out, so it would be nice to have something to warm our hands with."

Tyler nodded. "I think there's a Starbucks or something on the walk to our spot."

"Actually I had a really good idea..." Jason grinned, looking up at Tyler.

"Oh, what is it?" Tyler asked.

"Well, I told my roommate Adam about the shower, and he showed me photos of a really beautiful clearing that would be just lovely to watch the meteors at!" Jason shuffled his hand around in one of his coat pockets and pulled out his phone. He tapped on it for a bit then faced the screen towards Tyler.

"Oh- oh wow... I think that's a step up from the buildings!" Tyler exclaimed.

The worker behind the counter turned her head towards them. "Sorry." Tyler whispered, he turned his attention back to the photos. "How far away is this?"

"About a twenty minute walk." Jason said.

"It's really pretty..." Tyler nodded. "It sounds like a great place to stargaze, so why not! We'll probably have to walk quickly though. Don't wanna miss the shower."

They made their way to the counter and payed for the snacks, then started on their walk.

☆ ☆ ☆