☆2☆

Chapter Two

'I Saw Galaxies in Your Eyes'

They had both promised to meet back at that same spot the next day, so they did. "This may seem childish... But I really want to be an astronaut when I graduate." Jason sighed.

"That's a really nice dream." Tyler smiled. "How long had you had it?"

"Since I was a kid." Jason replied. "Do you have a dream?"

"Not yet..." Tyler shook his head. "Grade nine was when my mum started forcing job ideas on me. I already have a part time job at a restaurant..."

"You'll need a better job than that." Jason said. "Work towards something, it's always nice to have a goal."

"True." Tyler agreed. "I have been trying though."

"Well that's good then." Jason smiled. "At least you're not that lazy."

"So about being an astronaut... Is that why you want to graduate early?" Tyler asked.

Jason nodded. "I don't know if I'll need university, if I do I want to take three years, and it takes more than ten years to prepare to go to space."

"Really?" Tyler's eyes widened.

"Really." Jason laughed. "Have you ever taken Grade nine science?"

"Of course I have." Tyler grinned. "Just never paid attention, that's all."

Jason just looked at him, with one of those looks that just said, 'really?'. Tyler liked how easy it was to read Jason's expressions, he was never the type to read people's expressions... Jason's expressions were just... Perfect. He didn't have to guess the other's expression, he just knew.

"If I can't get to being an astronaut, I'll just be an astronomer." Jason sighed.

"Astronomer? Isn't that when you study space from the ground?" Tyler asked.

Jason nodded. "I do want to study space... But I feel like a better way to do that is actually getting up to space, and seeing it up close."

"You'll get there Jason. I have high hopes for you." Tyler smiled, and they both looked up.

☆ ☆ ☆