☆6☆

Chapter Six

but you are my moon.
and my sun.
and my stars.

Tyler was about to go and meet Jason. He had a package on the shelf by the door, it was cylinder, wrapped in blue wrapping paper, and a golden bow. Tyler walked out the door with the package in his arms, and a feeling of sadness deep down. Jason's last day. The day Tyler dreaded the most. He didn't want Jason to go. He didn't want to be alone.

Tyler walked up the hill and saw Jason at the top. Jason looked lost, looking up at the sky. Was he sad too? "Hi Jason." Tyler greeted.

Jason gave him a smile. "Hi."

Tyler lied down next to Jason. "You look lost."

"Hm? Oh yeah..." Jason sighed. "It's my last day..."

"Don't remind me." Tyler mumbled. "I really don't want to to go..."

"In a way, I don't want to go either, but..." Jason trailed off.

The mood was eerie that night, it wasn't all happy and cheerful. They sat in silence until Jason broke it. "Well, we have to make the most of tonight then. Right?"

Tyler took a deep breath. "Right." Then he laughed nervously. "We don't want our last time seeing each other for a while to be this awkward."

Jason nodded, and noticed the package Tyler had. "What's that?" He asked.

"Oh right!" Tyler exclaimed. "This is for you!" He handed Jason the package. "I wanted to get you something before you leave."

Jason took it and unwrapped it. It was a print of him and Tyler. "Aw Tyler, you made this?" Jason smiled.

"Yep!" Tyler grinned. "I made it on my computer, and then my mum made it into a print for me, so I wanted to give it to you."

"That's so sweet!" Jason said, and clutched the print to his chest. "Thank you Tyler!"

"Yeah, no problem." Tyler was still grinning like an idiot. "I'm really glad you like it!"

Jason smiled, and kept holding the print to his chest. He looked back up at the sky and breathed in. "I'll miss this. I think... I think I'll miss everything."

Tyler looked over at Jason, his eyes welling up with tears. "Why do you have to leave now?"

"This is what I chose." Jason replied. "I really wish I didn't though." Sadness washed over Jason's expression. One single tear ran down his cheek. Jason wiped it away and looked back at Tyler. "I think it's finally time that you get my number, huh?"

"That would be great." Tyler agreed.

Jason took a notebook and pen out of his pocket and wrote his number down. He handed it to Tyler. "I... I have to leave... We'll talk to each other again, okay?"

Tyler nodded, stood up and hugged Jason. Jason hugged back and they stayed like that for quite a while. After Jason did leave, Tyler watched him walk down the hill, and disappear into the darkness.

☆ ☆ ☆