[7] Nightmares

At about 3:30 in the morning, a loud crash woke me from my light sleep in the living room. Now that they knew I wasn't really a cat, I felt weird going into their bedrooms to sleep with them. What if they thought I was some strange stalker lady? That wouldn't be good if I ever turned back into myself! With my super-cool hearing I heard Bucky's familiar gruff voice swearing and muttering in a strange mixture of English and Russian. I jumped down from the couch and padded over to where his door was so I could walk in.

Bucky was always one of those cute characters that everyone either felt scared of, or upset for. I had always been the one more scared of him, he just seemed too scary and broken for anyone to converse with properly. Civil War changed my mind with him, showed me that he was honestly just a teddy bear on the indie who was hurt and needed help. It broke my tiny heart seeing said man sitting on the edge of his bed, breathing in quickly as sweat fell down from his forehead. His metal arm laid limp on the bed as a broken vase was now shattered all over the floor. I didn't really know what to do, I could hear the internal fangirls yelling at me for not comforting their little boo-bear ASAP but I was scared that I would freak him out and he would lash out.

Deciding to go with my gut feeling, I walked around the broken glass and jumped onto the bed, alerting the soldier of my presence. He spun around with an angry look on his face, but relief washed it off once his eyes met mine. I walked forward and started to purr, rubbing my head on the cold metal of his shoulder.

"Misty..." He muttered. "Or Rachel, whatever." He tried to push me away but I needed him to know that I was trying to help him. I swatting his hand and used my head to push on his (VERY BROAD) shoulders so he could lay down. I meowed softly, head butting him until he caught on and laid down. I jumped onto his stomach and sat down, my cat eyes piercing into his lovingly. "I'm sorry if I woke you up." I looked at the mess on the floor and bowed my head, telling him not to worry about it.

"Meow." I told him, but He couldn't hear anything I was saying. I was a cat; Bucky was a Bucky. Bucky's do not understand Cats. Simple facts.

"I had a nightmare." He told me carefully, his voice sounding strangely childish. "I have them too many nights." I bow my head again, agreeing. I had heard him scream with despair too many times for me not to see the broken man that he was. I lay down resting my own head onto the crook of his neck. He brings his hand up to me and starts petting my fur. It felt strange, but I loved it when Bucky did this. It just felt nice, especially if he used his cold fingers on a hot day as it gave me a sense of relief from the hot weather. An hour passed and I still laid on Bucky's shoulder, although he was now fast asleep and breathing in slowly.

---------------

"RACHEL!" I hear Tony scream out my name. "WHERE ARE YOU, MY FURRY LITTLE HUMAN THING." Bucky groans as his door is thrown open, a man with ugly facial hair comes prancing in holding a small scanning thing. I jump up and fall off of the bed, landing feet first on the floor. I glare at Tony as he begins laughing, I really wanted to plan his demise.

"Get out Stark." Bucky mutters, turning around and shoving his head under the pillow.

"I need Rachel." He simply says. I get up and head out of the room, letting Tony follow me rather than me follow him. That's right, this is how it was always meant to be... ha ha. I'm lead into the elevator by the guy and taken down a couple of floors to his lab. I saw Bruce look up from a computer towards the side of the room and he stands up.

"Where was she?" Bruce asked, looking down at me. I see a large metal desk clear of any equipment so I jump up, settling myself in the very middle.

"In Bucky's room. I really hope nothing weird was going on, I wouldn't have expected a guy like him to be into bestiality." I growl at Tony, narrowing my eyes at him and trying to scratch him. He begins laughing and backs up away from the table. "Chill! I was joking!" Bruce comes over and pushes Tony out of the way before reaching for my hand... paw I mean.

"I need to take some blood, is that fine?" He asks politely. I lift my paw and allow him to grab onto it, still glaring at Tony. Now he was exactly how the movies portrayed him to be, and I wasn't happy about it.

"What? Do you need your little Bucky bear to come down at cuddle you?" Tony coos seeing my face at the needle. "What about Stevie? I heard that you liked sleeping in his bed too." As soon as Bruce let me go after taking blood, I leapt forward at the billionaire. I wrapped my paws around his leg and started biting down into his ankle.

"OW OW OW SHE'S BITING ME!" He tries flinging me off but I dig my nails into his flesh. No one makes innuendos and jokes about me, not even my ex-favourite superhero! "BRUCE! GET HER OFF!"

"Alright Rachel, he had enough." The man tells me without turning around, still studying my blood under the microscope. Aw, Daddy Bruce just had to go and ruin all of the fun :(

"Damn cat human." Tony glares at me, rubbing his now red leg that had bits of blood coming out of thin scratches. I bare my teeth at him and jump back onto the table next to Bruce.