[9] Serum

"Are you sure it'll work? This seems a little dangerous." Daisy speaks up, watching Simmons look through the serum that the science bro's created.

"Of course. All we have to do is separate the cat cells from the DNA strand, it's easy." Tony tells everyone, as if they were asking something stupid. I growl lowly and glare at Tony, this wasn't something to joke about. This was my life in his hands and he better treat it like his own... actually scratch that. He doesn't care about himself.

"And there's not catches?" Bucky asks nervously, watching me walk up and down the table length.

"Relax Teddy Bear, your little cat girlfriend will come out a perfectly normal human being." Tony rolled his eyes.

"Stark, if you stuff up I will beat you to an inch of your life, gut you and feed you your own insides." Fury growls, pointing at him.

"Why doesn't anyone trust me? Tony groan to Bruce, pouting. Everyone begins listing off random facts making Tony pout even more.

"I guess this will be fine." Simmons sighs as she took off her protective goggles. "I mean it looks perfectly fine and there's no chance of any side effects if it doesn't work."

"Go through with it?" Fury asks.

"Yes." She shrugs. I nudge Bucky's hand and paw in the direction of the scrabble box that Tony happened to have in the lab from our last conversing session.

"Do you want to say something?" Bucky asks, gaining the attention of everyone. He brings it over and places all of the letters in order.

"I-F   T-H-I-S    D-O-E-S-N-T    W-O-R-K  I  W-I-L-L   K-I-L-L   Y-O-U" I glare at Tony who was now gulping slightly.

"You ready, Rachel?" Bruce asks.

"N-O" I spell out.

"It'll be fine." Simmons comes over and assures me. "You can trust me." Oh I know I can trust you my little scientist.

"I'm still kinda freaked out that this cat is actually a person." Mack shrugs.

"B-E-L-I-V-E   I-T   B-I-G   G-U-Y" I leave Bucky after rubbing myself against his arm and jump over to the table with the needles.

"Got it." He says quietly, grabbing onto my arm so he could insert the serum. The light blue liquid enters my blood stream and I wait to feel my body grow again. It seemed that everyone held their breath, even fury who was pretending to be disinterested. Minutes passed and I still sat there as a Cat. Nothing felt different, it literally felt like he was inserting Water into me. I let out a low groan and glare at Tony who was chuckling nervously.

"Oh, it didn't work. Well, look at that, I better go!" He backs out of the room and runs off, leaving all of us in silence.

"Well, that was interesting." Clint speaks up. Everyone else mutters their agreements and Simmons comes over to me.

"Are you feeling any different?" She asked. I shook my head and sighed, lying down on the table tiredly. It was already like 10pm, I wanted to go to bed.

"We'll fix this up in the morning, everyone get out." Fury mutters, also leaving the room. As Bucky left, I jumped down and slowly followed him back up to his room. When he settled down, I crawled up to his head and curled up.

"Sorry that it didn't work." He whispers to me. I head but him softly, telling him that he didn't have to apologise. I close my eyes as I heard his breathing settle, just wanting to sleep.