Chapter One

*UNEDITED

"Rein get your lazy ass down here" my brother Trent yelled.

groaning i rolled over in my double bed and looked at the clock 7:14am great i had an hour to get dressed, sighing i slowly stood up and curled my toes in the plush carpet on my floor and walked over to my bathroom and got in the shower the heat of the water relaxed my sleepy muscles and woke me up for the day.

*15 minutes later

I had gotten out of the shower and was in the middle of drying my long golden ringlets which i hated because they made me look 12 years old instead of my 17 years.

i saunted over to my wardrobe and picked out a short white dress with red roses and paired it with a belt cardigan and a pair of heeled ankle boots, now i wasn't a overly beautiful girl i was told i was too skinny with no curves and that i tended to dress like a catholic school girl.

After tearing my disapproving face from to mirror i walked down the stairs and met my brother just as my father laid the eggs down on the table, ever since my mother's death dad had taken on both the mother and father role in the house.

"Rein, honey are you packed?"

"yeah" i muttered

The reason for my surly disposition is because today we leaved behind sunny miami and move to the dark gloomy highlands were it was raining 3/4 of the year, but that was where dad had family and after mum died of cancer the medical bills still remained, dad ended up having to quit his job to look after Trent and i this caused us to lose our house and most of our possessions so with no where to go dad contacted our Aunt in Scotland who i personally called "the nut job" because she was constantly going on about voices in her old house and telling us the shadows whispered to her and that a mysterious kept showing up in her barn then disappeared when she left.

After finishing breakfast and brushing my teeth i wandered upstairs and started packing away my necessities that i had left out that night, it wasnt until i was getting my jewellery box out of the draw of my antique bedside table that a felt the corner of a letter after fiddling with the stuck letter that was stuck in the crack in the back of the draw it finally slide free and fell to the floor with a thud.

i picked up the letter and ran my hands across the coarse envelope it was sealing with red wax and had an imprint of a dragon breathing fire wrapped around a sword it reached into my pocket and pulled out my pocket knife that i always had handy (one we lived in miami and two he wanted me to always have it on me in case i got in trouble) i slid the knife under the flap of the envelope and waited for the paper to cut but the funniest thing happened instead of the paper tearing and opening the envelope the paper seemed to become thicker and where the knife cut the corner the paper began to glow...........