Chapter Twenty One

A/N: NEW CHAPTER YAY! and also introducing a new point of view (for a change) WARNING: There will be a couple of gruesome scenes and a lot of pain involved.

Read on with Caution.

Rowan Pov

The woods were silent which was odd I thought there would have been more of a fuss when they figured out I had escaped.

The pain in my side was close to unbearable but I walked on clutching the bruised flesh, the blood had long since dried and now was flaking off as sweat peppered along my forehead.

We had been walking for hours to the meeting place where the rest of my men were stationed my thoughts constantly wandered to Rein, what was she thinking in this moment? Was she missing me? Or was I long forgotten?

I heard the men before I saw them a chuckle escaped my throat before I could smother it, ten of my burliest men had their arms wrapped around Kean’s reigns most of them covered in thick mud as if a storm had ran through and tossed them around.

“Kean” I growled, the horse had the audacity to raise its head and chuff at me his way of showing he wasn’t pleased with me.

“Come” I growled, the men released his reigns and he trotted across to me, he reached me I jumped onto his back. Addressing my men I was welcomed with hearty pats on the back “Come now men, time to go home”.

*****

I remember the silence the way the air felt … pressurized the effort it took just to breathe in.

All I could see was flames, the captivating red/orange hue as the fire burned down the village. The screams echoed in my ears and resonated throughout my very being, desperation, pain, horror but all I could think of was rein.

The beautiful girl that had just appeared into my life magic and the connection I felt to her was so strong, I felt like a boat moored in the ocean, waves knocking me side to side with glorious power, terrifying but seductive pulling me in caressing me like a lover.

The smell of blood was thick in the air, it was splattered on walls, doors and on bodies … the bodies on my people their bodies twisted and dismorphed like broken dolls.

The smell oh the smell it somehow managed to burn and drown me at the same time, men women and even children no one was spared, there was no mercy here mothers lay in pools of their own blood, their arms cradling the bloodied bodies of their dead children.

Anger.

Anger like nothing I had even felt before rose up as my heart raced I knew exactly who had done this and god be willing I would see their heads relinquished from their necks.

Kicking Kean into gallop I headed towards the keep, to where Rein was, and to were the screaming continued.

*******

Angus POV

As soon as we passed the tree line I had a horrible feeling, a constant chill creeping up the back of my neck.

We heard the screams not long after clearing the tree line cold hard fear clamped my heart, Kate, my beautiful raven-haired wife the woman I had almost lost one to many times. (A/N: who wants a story about Kate and Angus?)