Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Hey guys and gals J here is a new chapter for you all, hope you enjoy and I plan to update again soon.

Oh and Happy Easter, hope you all eat as many eggs and junk as I plan to ( if that is even possible because I do like Easter and chocolate) – please comment/message me and share your holiday plans.

Also I’d like to know where all my followers and readers are from so comment where you are from!

Gracexxx

The Day After

Rein’s POV

I opened my eyes. They were heavy and full of sleep. I was very warm and comfortable and desperately wanted to drop back into the beautiful silky sleep. I tried to lift my head off the soft pillow but a shooting pain pierced my neck and rushing up to my head, filling my vision with black spots. I lifted my hand and felt my neck. There was a reasonably long, half healed cut on the side of it and it stung. I felt confused for a moment. Where did I get it? Then all the memories from the previous night came flooding back to me in a dizzying rush. I sat up quickly with a squeak. I had almost been murdered! By that bitch, Ailsa, the maid! How could I forget that? She was the one in the hallway that was constantly glaring at me!

Then I realised a pair of bright black eyes were staring at me. This time I actually screamed.

‘Shhh, hush lass, hush!’ William Walkinshaw said. He had been sitting in a chair by the fire, gazing into the flames and chewing his thumb nail. He stood up and came over to me,

‘You scared me old man!’ I said breathlessly. He smiled a weak but cheeky smile and put another fur over my shoulders. I had to say, he looked exhausted and worry lines had been etched deeply into his forehead,

‘I am so sorry, Miss Rein… plus I’m not that old!!!’ he added after a brief pause.

‘Where’s Rowan?’ I asked, pulling the fur tighter around me, looking curiously around the room, it was a lot more masculine than the room I was usually in.

On the walls there were coloured tapestries depicting courageous battles or at least that’s what I assumed it was about.

Realising that William was waiting for me return my full attention back to him, I quickly focused back on him.

He sighed then replied, ‘I do not know. He asked me to watch you while he was gone,’ he paused, ‘he told me what happened you know. I am just sorry I was not there to help. I was out hunting; otherwise I would have taught that little wretch a lesson,’ he said, sitting back down in his chair.

‘That’s very kind of you, but really, I’m alright,’ I said.

William ran his fingers through his knotted hair and gave me a thin smile but said nothing more.

The silence was interrupted by the entry of Rowan. His dull eyes suddenly lit up when he saw I was awake. He hurried over and perched on the side of the bed.

‘How are you feeling?’ he asked.

‘Much better thanks,’ I said, my heart fluttering uncontrollably. Rowan’s hard face softened as the corners of his mouth turned up into a kind of half smile and he did what I never expected he would, but was very pleased he did, he swept me into his arms and kissed me full on the lips. I let myself melt into the moment; the warmth of his lips against mine, and the steady sound of my heart pounding a joyful aria in my ears. I didn’t want it to end, I wanted it to last forever. When we finally broke away, I realised William was staring at us with his warm black eyes, thumb nail back in mouth and grin creeping across his weathered features. I huddled back into my furs, slightly embarrassed but my heated face flushing with pleasure, the kiss still tingling on my lips.