Chapter Twelve

*Rein's Pov

My face reddened as Rowans lips pressed against my cheek, and as quickly as his lips had touched my cheek they disappeared and he was gone like a whisper in the wind.

.............

The gloriously warm water slid down my leg and i raised it above the water, my muscles began to relax as i slid my head under the water.

As i came up for air i felt a cold metal pressed to my throat, a knife, my eyes darting around the room for a weapon anything i could use to gain some distance or defend myself with.The maid that was meant to be tending to me instead was grazing a sharp knife across my exposed throat, my pulse quickened as she pressed the blade harder into the side of my neck, a few trails of blood slid down my naked chest and disappeared into the water below.

i bit my tongue to hold back from squealing at the pain.

"w.....what are y.....yyou doing" i attempted to speak, my voice was jittery and came out in uneven strangled word formations.

"shut it you filthy whore!!!" she responded as she pressed the blade further into my neck.

suddenly it clicked she was in love with Rowan and i was a threat to that.....plus she had a look in her eyes that made me believe she was bat shit crazy.

i know i had to somehow distract her "Rowan won't let you get away with killing me, he will know it was you and he will hate you for it...." i said, patting myself on the back for being able to say it without a waver in my voice, i sounded confident and compelling something i would need if i was going to get out of this alive.

"once i have killed you, you'll spell on Rowan will be broken and he will remember the woman he truly loves..... Me!!!" she snickered.

i could tell i had throughly distracted her as her eyes grazed over, probably imagining Rowan.

i almost felt sorry for the girl......

key word almost!!!!

i took that as my cue to splash the soapy water into her eyes and knock the blade right out of her grubby hands and into the boiling bath water, grabbing at a sheet i covered myself (come on guys okay i have body issues.... okay happy) it was then she came stumbling towards me as i tried to make a break for the door and just as i reached it she grabbed a hold of my hair and yanked me back towards her, her callosued hands winding themselves around my throat, she was crazy strong.... and well CRAZY!!! i tried kicking out my legs but she simply kneeled me in the garden patch (A/N: come on guys use the imagination........ allright in the vagina.... and don't tell me you wouldnt be affected by this because trust me it hurts just as much as a guy in the same situation!!!!) my vision began to become spotted with black dots and i knew i had to do something now otherwise i would be dead and this psycho b*tch would win, i tried once more to kick my legs this time using my nails to scatch any available skin that she had, in one last attempt i flicked out my legs and my foot hit home i knocked a very heavy vase of the table and i created a massive amount of noise, impressive i thought.

I heard the door slam open and my body being, not very carefully, dropped to the wooden floors below. my head hit the floor and the darkness began to consume me, i embraced the darkness and let my body be taken in.

Rowan's Pov. 

after daring to leave with just a kiss to the cheek i had to escape, in case i decided to behave recklessly and turn back and kiss the lass senseless, my heart beating fast i paced to hallway.

....................

A loud crash woke me from my drunkenly state, being drunk seemed like the only way to forget my longings and lust for the strange slip of a girl, jumping to my feet i realised the sound had come from Rein's room, my drunkeness disappeared as i burst through her door...

there stood Ailsa, a young maid i had taken in out of pity, her parents having deserted the keep and choosing the rebel side leaving the babe alone and orphaned, she had her hands wrapped around Rein's throat a murderous look in her eyes, i also noticed blood dripping from under her grip.

Red filled my gaze as i rushed Ailsa, i knocked Rein out of her hands and shoved her to the other side of the room "Angus" i bellowed, he appeared in a matter of seconds. He quickly seemed to pick up on the situation and stormed over to Ailsa and gripped her hands behind her back and marched her towards the dungeons, she screamed at me to help her and that she 'loved me' but i simply just ran over the Rein's side, she was unconscious and there was blood dripping steadily down the side of her throat, it didn't look to serious but she would need to rest for a couple of days, relieved i picked her up and walked out of the room and into my own rooms, after placing her down on the bed i ordered the servants to have her room cleaned and remade and in the meantime she would be sharing a bedspace with me, realising the close proximity i would be sharing with the small yet alluring creature i groaned and sent a prayer to any god that was listening that i would be able to sleep without dreming of the soft, silkly woman that lay not a metre away from me.

groaning i rolled over pulling her close to my chest and nuzzled my face into her sweetly scented neck and found that sleep came easy and nightmare free, i had a strange feeling that the lasses presence had some to do with this.

A/N: so what do you think?

feel free to let me know via message, comment, follow, vote anything really!

i will try to update more regularily, but at the moment i am sick and off school so there could be a possiblilty of more chapters tomorrow (no promises though :) ) okay hope to hear from you

Peace, Love and Kinder Surprises

xxxxxxGracexxxx