BLACK SALT

OMG I've been looking for a recipe for this!!!!!! Do not buy black salt from Hawaii, we do not take from Goddess Pele.
**
Black Salt, a powerful little ingredient for your spells, hexes, charms and more! Here’s my personal recipe for:

a) Protection

b) Banishing

c) Bad Luck Hex

Here is a picture tutorial, if you want to see how I made it with images.

You’ll Need:

Self-igniting charcoal

Plants/Resins that correspond to your intent

Salt

Pestle & Mortar

Optionally, pen and paper

Recipe 1: Protection

For my protective black salt, I used: Camphor, Benzoin, Angelica, Ash, Rose, Clove and Birch.

However, you may use your own combination. Use as many or as little as you like.

You may draw a sigil on a small piece of paper that states your intent and will help formulate your salt to aid you better.

Next, light the charcoal and place the incenses on first (Camphor and Benzoin). Next, burn the plants one by one, and the piece of paper with the sigil. Place the charcoal outside if you don’t want the smoke in your house.

Once all the plants have been burnt to ash, put the remains of both the charcoal and the ashes in the mortar and grind to dust.

The proportions I used were 4 part Ash/Charcoal and 10 part salt, but use whatever works best for you.

Add the salt to the mortar and mix until the salt is black. If it doesn’t reach its desired colour, add charcoal to the mixture.

Always remember intent is key, so concentrate on what you’re doing.

Recipe 2: Banishing

This is the recipe I use to banish unwanted things, especially negative influences and spirits.

I used: Opononax, Frankincense, Arabic Gum, Birch, Elder flowers, Mint, Marjoram, Anise and bay.

But you may use any plant that’s good for purification, cleansing, change, positivity and protection.

Same process as the first one. Intent is key and sigils really help to get that across.

Recipe 3: Bad Luck Hex

I don’t hex, but a friend of mine requested that I make it for him. So here, the sigil was really important, since I was more reluctant to put bad intentions in my craft. (I’m not the hexing types, but you may be as wicked as you please, lovely lil witches. I have nothing against it, it’s just not my witching style.)

I used: Mandrake, Nettles, Onion, Lime, Angelica and Vervain.