2. Save the day

There's nothing like being in your own house, enjoying Christmas Eve by sleeping in your own comfy bed

There's nothing like being in your own house, enjoying Christmas Eve by sleeping in your own comfy bed. It even feels like heaven when it is snowing outside and you are covered with a soft and warm duvet. But there's probably nothing worse than waking up to the agonizing sound of a phone ringing in the middle of the night. It's never good news, especially if it's unknown.

Linden slowly stirred, letting out a small groan as he reached out for his phone that usually sat on his bedside table. He had always liked the sound of John Lennon singing Happy Xmas and even found it very comforting but that moment he hated that ringtone as much as he could.

Linden mumbled something incoherent to himself as he slid his finger towards the accept side. He had all the right to be upset as he was dreaming so nicely that he joined his favorite soccer team and some stupid fucker decided to wake him up.

Not bothering to look at the Caller ID, Linden accepted the call. This could be Tony only as he would be a big enough moron to call him during this time. Tony has no sense of time as per Linden and he thought Tony must have some good reason to call or otherwise, tomorrow people would find Tony dead on the street.

"This better be very important," Linden growled into his phone

Linden then heard a giggle on the other end of the line, a female giggle "You sound so manly Rossi, did your voice finally change?"

Oh! Okay, it is not Tony; Linden sighed as he thought. At the same instant, he felt all his anger melting away as he realized she must be a poor girl, who is drunk and in a desperate state.

"No, I'm sorry, you have the wrong number," Linden was about to disconnect the call but he interrupted by the female voice on the other end of the line again.

"Please, no, please don't hang up. Rossi where are you? I can't find you, please bring me some food and water. I am very hungry." The female voice rattled like a mindless puppet.

Linden couldn't help but chuckle as he thought her confidence was impressive, "hate to break your heart, but I am no Rossi neither a delivery man,"

For a heartbeat or two there was only silence on the other end of the line but for some unknown reason, Linden just didn't feel like disconnecting the call. "Who are you? Her boyfriend or is she getting laid?" a small pause and then "I'm her friend, please pass the phone to her," she requested.

Linden laughed out loud. In fact, he laughed until the tears started coming down his cheeks. He wiped his eyes. "I don't know any Rossi," He shrugged as he finally stopped laughing.

"Then why are you answering her phone? You stole it. Oh, you fool. You stole it!" tone of her voice changed dramatically from sweet to aggressive. He rolled his eyes with a rueful smile, but Linden guessed that he was already very fond of this drunken girl, from the other side of the line. She was insane.

"This isn't Rossi's phone. It's mine. I'm sure your friend is fine, at home, may be sleeping like I was before you rang me up in the middle of this bloody night,"

"You are not lying?"She asked in a very unsure voice, "Oh shit! I swear I dialed Rossi's number," she gasped out, her voice dropping in shame. "I am so sorry for waking you up so late," the voice was low but sounded sincere. He immediately forgave her for disturbing his fantastic dream.

"It is not an issue -----" he started saying it but then could hear the sound of the beeping coming from the end. Perhaps she started dialing even without disconnecting the current call.

"Dear?" Linden called out for her attention, but there was no answer. "Hey fuld," still no voice came. Linden sighed and waited for the beeping to stop. Soon enough there was breathing in his ear followed quickly by a confused voice, "why it is not ringing?"

"Maybe you have to hang up first to call once more," Linden giggled at her amusing drunken expression.

"What the hell," A bewildered voice turned out, "who are you? Rossi?"

"Goodness, Damn, not once more!" Linden thought to himself but he muttered, scrubbing a hand over his face. "Linden, my name, I am the same person you've been talking to"

"Ohm," There was pure hush on the other line a minute.

"Well, this is Ivy Hansen. It was a pleasure talking to you Linden," and again there was a little delay before she talked up. "Will you help me to call Rossi?"

Linden giggled at her imbecility yet couldn't shroud the joy he felt at her demand. In spite of the fact that she woke him up from his lovely sleep and broke his sweet dream into thousand pieces, it was really pleasant talking with the intoxicated young lady now he knew Ivy Hansen.

"Beyond any doubt Ivy" he reached over and grabbed out a small notebook and pen from the bedside drawer and, quickly opened the notepad to jot down so that he could save her day and his sleep.

Hi darlings,  if you liked my story so far then hit then vote button and comment please. I love reading comments and suggestion improve my writing

And I shall give my chapter dedication to that reader who has supported me a lot or has the best comment on my last chapter

up unit the next chapter, goodbye-

 Eloise